Vilano Beach 50-year Army Corps Beach Project
USACE South Ponte Vedra and Vilano Beach Coastal Storm Risk Management Project – The United States Army Corps of Engineers (USACE) will start construction of the emergency nourishment in mid-August 2023.
- The project extends from Serenata Beach Club to approximately 250 ft north of Nease Beach's front park.
- Fifty-year project with periodic nourishments.
- Rebuilding the dune to the generalized 2015 conditions and widening the flat beach by 60 feet from where it was in 2015.
- The first nourishment event occurred in 2020/2021 and was severely impacted by a Nor’easter. The USACE, through FCCE funding, is scheduled to reconstruct the beach project starting mid-August 2023.
- For more information, please see the
- Construction Start – Mid-August 2023
- Construction Completion – Winter to spring 2024
- The project has been fully approved and funded using a combination of USACE, State, County Tourist Development "Bed Tax", and MSTU funds.
For more information, please contact the Coastal Management team at (904) 209-0260, or email@example.com.
Non-project Beach updates can be heard on the Beach Services Hotline at 904-209-0331.
Click for Project Map (pdf)