Community Resource Directory: The SJC Community Resource Center (CRC) provides this manual as a general directory of local services for SJC professionals and residents.
Florida's Adoption Program: Florida State Government provides a wealth of useful information including:
- Available Children – Browse through the children available for adoption in Florida or use the search feature to narrow the list.
- How You Can Help – We hope you want to become an adoptive parent. Even if you decide that adoption is not for you, you can still be part of the partnership to find loving homes for our foster children.
- Frequently Asked Questions – A list of some Frequently Asked Questions about the Adoption Program.
- Special Needs – Some of our children have medical or emotional disabilities that require special attention and care. This link will provide information on the various conditions that may exist.
- Steps in the Approval Process – Learn about the steps involved in adopting a child in Florida's foster care system.
- Trouble Deciding? – Things to consider when deciding whether adoption is a good plan for you and your family.
About Foster Care: Florida's Department of Children and Families covers how to become a foster parent, how to decide if you are ready, contact lists, ways to help, first steps and helpful links.
Florida Child Care Information: Florida's Department of Children and Families Child Care Information portal.