Beach Use Permits – Special Events
Special Events on St. Johns County Beaches
St. Johns County Beaches are 41.1 miles of coquina and white soft sandy beaches that are a great place to hold your special event.They make an ideal setting for many occasions and we welcome weddings, parties, sporting events, surf camps / lessons / contests, photography, beach clean ups, and other organized events.
In effort to keep our beaches well maintained, clean and safe, St. Johns County requires that all special events on our beaches have a Special Event Permit. The permit fees go directly back into preserving our beaches and keeping the public protected. For more information, visit the FAQs page, or call us at (904) 209-0752.
Be sure to familiarize yourself with our beaches and available amenities as well as the tides so you can be sure your event will be as perfect as possible. Click for more Beach and Pavilion information.
Getting Your Permit
|4 Steps to Your Special Event Permit|
|1. Plan||Go to Tides page to plan the time of day for your special event.|
|2: Complete|| Complete an application and send to provided address for approval.
|4: Receive Permit||Please allow two weeks for processing from receipt of completed permit package. Incomplete applications may delay approval.
- Familiarize yourself with Beach Rules and Regulations.
- Explore our Beach Access website to decide on the best beach for your event.
- We allow beach driving on 16.3 miles of our 41.1 miles of coastline. Beach driving hours during sea turtle season May 1 – October 31 are from 8:00 am to 7:30 pm. There is a minimal fee to access beaches. Vehicles remaining on the beach after hours are subject to fines.
- Events involving over 200 people require special approval from St. Johns County Board of County Commissioners, please plan accordingly as this may take up to 3 months for approval.
- Depending on the nature of your organized activity your event may require special approval from County Commission and State agencies.
- You must contact Anastasia State Park, City of St. Augustine Beach, and Fort Matanzas National Monument to hold special event on their property.
Need More Information?
Monday, Wednesday & Friday 8am-5pm
901 Pope Rd
St. Augustine, FL 32082