On November 7, 2017, Hastings residents voted to dissolve the Town of Hastings and revoke its charter. As a result, the Town dissolved on March 1, 2018, and those residents became included within unincorporated St. Johns County. Since then, St. Johns County has provided key services to the area consistent with County policies and practices. In addition, residents saw benefits from lower ad valorem taxes, decreased water and wastewater utility rates, and increased service levels as a result of the dissolution.
St. Johns County recognizes the Town of Hastings' rich history and tradition and continues to partner with the community to preserve that unique heritage and culture after the transition. As part of that process, County staff has created the Hastings Story Map. The story map exemplifies the history of the town and how St. Johns County is working to preserve and revitalize the area. View the Hastings Story Map.
St. Johns County understands that Hastings residents may have questions. There are several opportunities to obtain the information you need about the dissolution process:
- Phone: Call County Administration at 904.209.0530 and staff will be happy to answer your questions.
- Email: Send an email to email@example.com.
- Library: Hastings Library staff are happy to answer your questions or refer you to the appropriate County department for answers.
General St. Johns County Information
- Visit www.sjcfl.us
- Watch GTV on Comcast channel 3 or online at sjcfl.us/GTV/WatchGTV.aspx
- Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram
- Sign up for the Board of County Commissioners’ email newsletters
- Or visit Connect with SJC for additional social media and newsletters.
Please do not hesitate to contact the County Administrator if you have any questions about the transition process.
500 San Sebastian View
St. Augustine, Florida 32084
Phone: (904) 209-0530