Junior Lifeguard Program
2019 Program Information
The St. Johns County Junior Lifeguard program is open to boys and girls 9 – 17 years old. The program is staffed by certified ocean rescue lifeguards and focuses on providing water safety education in an environment that is fun while building teamwork, physical conditioning and respect for each other and the environment.
- Issued St. Johns County Junior Lifeguard Uniform (Bathing Suit, Hat, Sun Shirt)
- First Aid lessons including CPR certification
- Lifeguard rescue skills – swimming, paddle board, and jet ski rescues
- Bodyboarding and surfing
- Lifeguard competitions
- Weekly cookout and awards celebration
- Special events (King of the Beach, Monster Mile, Adventure nights)
2019 Registration and Tryouts
All participants are required to pass a swim assessment prior to registering for the program. Registration will be done on a first come first served basis. Registration forms and payment of $150 per child per session is due at the time of the tryout. Due to program popularity spots cannot be held for any reason. Participants will be limited to registering for two sessions. 2019 Jr. Lifeguard Program Registration Form
- 100 yard continuous swim, 5 minute deep water tread, 10 yard underwater swim
All tryouts will take place at the Solomon Calhoun Pool, 1300 Duval Street, St. Augustine Florida 32084.
- Sunday, March 17 at 9 a.m.
- Saturday, March 23 at 9 a.m.
- Sunday, March 31 at 9 a.m.
- Saturday, April 6 at 9 a.m.
- Saturday, April 14 at 9 a.m.
- Saturday, April 27 at 9 a.m.
- Saturday, May 11 at 9 a.m.
- Saturday, May 18 at 9 a.m.
2019 Session Dates
Drop off 9 a.m., pick up 1pm Marine Rescue Office, 366 A1A Beach Blvd, St. Augustine Florida 32080.
Session 1: Tuesday, May 28 – Saturday, June 1 (Only open to 9-10 year olds)
Session 2: Monday, June 3 – Friday, June 7
Session 3: Monday, June 10 – Friday, June 14
Session 3: Monday, June 17 – Friday, June 21
Session 4: Monday, June 24 – Friday, June 28
Certification Open to 15-17 Year Olds – 15-17 years olds are invited to join the Marine Rescue Academy to earn their USLA open water lifeguard certification and Emergency Medical Responder Certification. Please contact Lt. Earl at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on qualifications and program details. Please note that individuals are not eligible for employment with SJC Marine Rescue until they are 18 years old.
St. Johns County Marine Rescue