Frequently Asked Questions

How do I find out if this land is County property?

More information on individual parcels and their use may be found at the Property Appraiser's website. If you have any other questions, feel free to contact us and we will be glad to answer any questions you may have.

How do I purchase County-owned property?

When county-owned property is declared surplus to the needs of the county, it is sold through a sealed bid process pursuant to Florida Statute 125.35. If you have further questions, feel free to contact us and we will be glad to answer any questions you may have.

How can I determine if a piece of County-owned property can be declared surplus?

St. Johns County has a procedure for evaluating and determining whether a property is surplus to the needs of the County. If the property you are interested in is not currently declared surplus property, you may contact us for assistance.

Is this the Division that helps with housing?

No, if you need assistance with housing, please contact the Housing and Community Development Division at (904) 827-6890.

Is this where I can reach the Board of Realtors?

No, this is a Division of St. Johns County local government serving its citizens by managing the County’s ownership and interest in real property. You can reach the Board of Realtors at (904) 829-8738.

Is the County supposed to take care of my road?

The answer to this question depends on local conditions. You need to check with your homeowners association, if any. Also, ask local residents about the status of your road. Dedication of roads usually takes place when your subdivision was platted or legally recorded. If you do not live in a subdivision, adjacent homeowners often share maintenance responsibility for privately owned roads. If you have trouble finding this information, contact us and we will be glad to assist you in determining the ownership of your road.

Where can I find a copy of my property survey?

The county does not keep copies of private property surveys, only county owned parcels. You can find your copy in your closing documents, your mortgage holder, or the company who built your home.






Florida’s Historic Coast
Images of St. Johns County