COVID-19 UPDATES: For Information regarding St. Johns County's response to coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19), including closures, cancellations, and access to facilities please visit our St. Johns County Corona Virus (COVID-19) Response site.
COVID-19 Closures & Cancellations: For the safety of our community and staff during the Covid-19 emergency, St. Johns County has cancelled programs and closed or limited access to facilities. For the current status of the activities & facilities listed below, please contact Brian James at email@example.com or 904.669.6460.
Boys 9-10 | Boys 11-12 | Boys 13-14 | Girls 9-11 | Girls 12-14
At Ketterlinus Gymnasium (see times listed below)
- All players make a team; this allows us to evenly distribute players to teams as best as possible.
- League age is based on the age of the child on March 1, 2020 (e.g. if they are 12 on January 1, they play in the 11&12 division).
- Players moving up an age group must go through the try-outs.
- All new players must go through the try-outs. If a child is unable to attend the try-out, they will still be placed on a team.
- Players on high school basketball teams (freshman, junior varsity, or varsity) are not eligible to participate in this program
Boys 9-10 – 9 a.m.
Boys 11-12 – 10 a.m.
Boys 13-14 – 11 a.m.
Girls 9-14 – 12 p.m.
Please do not arrive until your scheduled try-out time.
- You will be contacted by a coach within two weeks following the try-outs.
- The time and place of practices are determined by the coaches. Players must attend a minimum of one practice per week to receive the minimum league playing time.
- Team jerseys will be provided by the first game.
- Games will be played at the Solomon Calhoun Center and Ketterlinus Gymnasium.
- Schedules will be posted online and passed out no later than the first scheduled game.
- Team practices begin after tryouts. The season runs through May.
- Coaches are nationally and locally background checked and required to attend a coach's certification class to volunteer in this league.
A Reminder for Parents
Please remember that the St. Johns County Parks & Recreation Department runs the Youth Basketball League as a recreational league for the children. We want all teams and players to feel that they are playing in a safe environment and that their experience is a positive one. Also, remember that our referees are doing their best and we are trying to reinforce good sportsmanship within our league. Please notify the League Director of any problem that you may have and it will be handled accordingly. Thank you for your participation in the league and good luck with your season.
For additional information, please contact Brian James at firstname.lastname@example.org or (904) 209-0365.
SJC Parks and Recreation – Where everybody plays.