Youth Program Coordinator
P: (904) 209-0377
Get the Recreation & Parks e-Newsletter Please Note: Emails / email addresses sent to St. Johns County are public record and may be released in a public records request.
About the Youth Programs – Recreation and Parks is proud to offer youth programs in our community. If you are looking for a quality, affordable after school program, a youth basketball league, or a place for your high school student to get volunteer hours you've found it. We have some of the best programs in North Florida for children of all ages!
News & Announcements
- Super Summer Spectacular Summer Camp Information & Registration -->
- Free Kids Fishing Clinic – Join the Recreation & Parks Department and Ancient City Game Fish Association on Saturday, March 15th for a free fishing clinic at the Vilano Beach Pier. Open to children 12 and under, registration begins at 8 a.m. and the clinic starts at 9 a.m. There will be a fishing tournament at 10 a.m. Awards and a free lunch for the kids will follow the tournament at 12 p.m. The first 100 kids that register will receive a free fishing pole and a goodie bag. Registration is first come first serve. Please contact Donna Frantz at (904) 209-0644, or Jamie Baccari at (904) 209-0377 for more information. Event flyer.
- Just Tri It! Join us for the 2014 Kids Triathlon on May 4, at 8 a.m. at the Solomon Calhoun Center! Children ages 5-14 can join in the fun and JUST TRI IT! This is a non-competitive event giving everyone the chance to participate in a Triathlon. The first 250 children to pick up their race packets will get a Just Tri It! tee shirt and every child that completes the race will get a medal for their accomplishment! Just Tri It!
- Youth Basketball Schedules
7 & 8 year olds | Girls 9 – 11 | Girls 12 – 14 | Boys 9 – 10 | Boys 11 – 12 | Boys 13 – 14
- Basketball Sport Shorts Camp for 3-5 Year Olds – The St. Johns County Recreation and Parks department will hold its annual Basketball Sport Shorts Camp for 3-5 year olds at the Solomon Calhoun Center Gym on Tuesdays and Thursdays from Tuesday February 4 to March 13, 2014. The camp will be held for 6 weeks from 9am to 10am. Registration fee is $10 per child. You may register at the gym when you show up or get the sign up form for early registration. For more information, contact Joe Shakar at (904) 209-0385 or email@example.com. Sport Shorts Flyer.
- Youth Basketball League Parent Volunteers Welcome! We are in need of Youth Basketball coaches for the 2013-2014 season. All volunteers are background screened to volunteer with the Recreation & Parks Department. If you are interested in volunteering, please contact Jamie Baccari, Recreation Supervisor, at (904) 209-0377 or Jbaccari@sjcfl.us
- 2013 Summer Camp Fun! (.wmv video)
Field of Dreams – Located in NW St Johns county, this specially designed field gives mentally / physically disabled children the opportunity to wear a uniform and play baseball as a member of a team. Field of Dreams is a place where all our area's exceptional kids can meet on the field and play ball. What child does not dream of hearing the cheer of the crowd? What child does not dream of receiving a trophy? And what child does not dream of the opportunity to play America's favorite sport? At the Field of Dreams their dreams really can come true. For more information, please visit fodbaseball.com.
St. Johns County Recreation and Parks Department Youth Programs Give Back – You can help our holiday food drives! For more information, please contact Jamie Baccari at (904) 209-0377.
Check out the video from Just TRI It! A Kids Triathlon
Just Tri It! is a combined event, hosted by St. Johns County Recreation & Parks,
the Children's Museum, and the YMCA of Florida's First Coast to put on this fun and challenging event at the Solomon Calhoun Center in West St. Augustine.
SJC Recreation and Parks – Where everybody plays!