Summer Camp Registration is Now Closed.
Drawing will be held on March 21. Results will be emailed by April 7.
Super Summer Camps
The St. Johns County Parks & Recreation Summer Camps emphasize outdoor activities and are staffed by experienced, motivated leaders from within our community. Campers get to participate in a variety of activities including field trips, arts & crafts, and swimming.
Summer Camp 2023
The Parks & Recreation Department Camps are for children ages 5*-12 (*only five-year-olds that have completed kindergarten by the start of camp are eligible), and are held at five locations in St. Johns County. Camps emphasize outdoor activities and are staffed by experienced, motivated leaders from within our community. Campers get to participate in a variety of activities including field trips, arts & crafts, and swimming.
Camp Dates & Hours
- Dates – June 5 through ends July 21 *excluding the July 4th holiday
- Hours – Monday through Friday 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- Camp Rate – $430 per child
- Reduced Rate – $330 per child (Must qualify.)
To receive the reduced rate you must qualify for Reduced Lunch with the St. Johns County School Board. You will be required to submit your paperwork with your registration forms to receive the discounted rate per child.
- Free Rate – $230 per child (Must qualify.)
To receive the free rate you must qualify for Free Lunch with the St. Johns County School Board. You will be required to submit your paperwork with your registration forms to receive the discounted rate per child.
The St. Johns County Parks & Recreation Department's summer camps are for County residents only. Children ages 5 (who have completed kindergarten) through 12 are eligible to sign-up.
- Davis Park Field House
210 Davis Park Road, Ponte Vedra
- Ketterlinus Gym
60 Orange Street, St. Augustine
- Plantation Park
3060 Racetrack Road, St. Johns
- Solomon Calhoun Center
1300 Duval Street, St. Augustine
- Trout Creek
6795 Collier Road, Mill Creek
Summer Camp Registration Drawing
Entries for the drawing are accepted from February 27 at 8 a.m. through 5 p.m. on March 10, 2023. Registration is not on a first-come, first-serve basis. Names are drawn at random so that all resident children entered have an equal chance at participation. The drawing will be held on March 21, 2023. You do not need to be present. The results of the drawing will be sent out no later than April 6, 2023.
How the Drawing Works
- Participants are chosen at random by drawing names via computer. The drawing will be held Tuesday, March 21. You do NOT need to be present for the drawing.
- All drawing results will be emailed by April 7th, so please be patient and wait for your results before contacting our offices.
- If your first camp location choice is full, you will be placed in your second choice; if your second choice is full, you will be placed on the Waiting List for your first choice camp.
- If the Waiting List for your first choice is full, you will be placed on the waiting list for your second choice camp. If both waiting lists are full, we will be unable to enroll your children in the Summer Spectacular program or place them on a waiting list.
Summer Camp Counselor Positions
Apply now to be a summer camp staff member for the St. Johns County Parks & Recreation Department. Our counselors help our campers have an experience they will never forget as they build relationships that last a lifetime! Candidates must be child-focused, fun to be around, self-starting, hardworking, and enjoy working with a team. Applicants can contact Brian James at email@example.com to learn how to apply.
Counselor-In-Training (CIT) Program
Do you like the outdoors? Have you ever wanted to be a day camp counselor? Then the Counselor-In-Training Program might be for you! Registration for this program is first-come, first-serve; applications will be available beginning April 3, 2023.
- A 7-week youth program for teens ages 13-16.
- Learn valuable job training and leadership skills.
- Work side-by-side with Counselors of the Summer Camp Program.
The program runs in the summer, Monday through Friday, for eight working hours daily. A mandatory training for all CIT applicants will be held in June, date/time to be announced. At the completion of this training, each CIT will be placed in a Super Summer Spectacular program where he or she will receive one-on-one training and learn what it takes to become a day camp counselor.
The CIT Mission
The St. Johns County Parks & Recreation Department Counselor-In-Training program offers past campers educational and leadership experiences, preparing them to be future leaders of our camps and their communities.
Questions? For more information on the 2023 Summer Camp registration process, contact Brian James 904.209.0365 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Parks & Recreation Newsletter
Be in the know about what's happening in our parks with our Parks and Recreation Newsletter.
Jr. Lifeguard Program
Join one of the top Lifeguard programs in the state of Florida. Train with the top Lifeguards on the St. Johns County Beaches and pool. Junior Lifeguard Program.
SJC Recreation and Parks – Play Your Way!