Community Development Block Grant
News & Announcements
Combined Notice of Finding of No Significant Impact and Intent to Request Release of Funds
On October 7 2019, St. Johns County will submit a request to HUD to request the release of CDBG funds to undertake a project known as Flagler Estates Park Improvements. The purpose of this project is to make physical improvements within the existing park property located at 9960 Oliver Avenue, Hastings, FL 32145.
Finding of No Significant Impact
The County was required to conduct an Environmental Assessment that includes Determinations and Compliance Findings. The County has determined that the project will have no significant impact on the environment. An Environmental Review Record (ERR) for this project is available for public review. The ERR is also available for viewing on the following HUD website. A paper copy of the ERR is available for public review at the Health & Human Services Building, Suite 2300, 200 San Sebastian View, St. Augustine, FL 32084. The ERR may be examined or copied weekdays, 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM.
Any individual, group, or agency may submit written comments on the ERR and project to the St. Johns County’s Housing & Community Services Division, at the address stated above, or by emailing them to firstname.lastname@example.org. The Public Comment period will be September 20 – October 6, 2019. All comments received by October 6, 2019 will be considered by St. Johns County staff prior to submitting a Request for Release of Funds to HUD.
Proposed CDBG 2019-2020 Action Plan
St. Johns County has drafted a 2019-2020 Action Plan as required by the US Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) to receive Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) funding. Proposed 2019-2020 Action Plan Public Notice
Proposed Amendment to the 2016-2020 Consolidated Plan
The County is considering a Substantial Amendment to the 2016-2020 Consolidated Plan to add a provision to Priority #5 and a goal allowing for the funding of affordable housing units for sale to income-eligible citizens. 2016-2020 Consolidated Plan Proposed Substantial Amendment Public Notice
2019 Community Development Block Grant
St. Johns County anticipates receiving Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) funds for the 2019-2020 Federal Fiscal Year. 2019 CDBG Public Notice
- Survey (CLOSED) – The first step in planning for this new year of funding is inviting citizens to provide their input and opinions on the housing and community development needs of the County. Please take a moment to share your opinions.
- Community Meetings (CLOSED) – Several meetings are planned in locations across the County, for the purpose of providing information about the CDBG program and learning about the needs of local communities. At these meetings, the Community Survey and CDBG applications will be available.
- CDBG Application (CLOSED) – Through the application process, the County makes CDBG funds available to eligible community organizations. Completed applications are due on May 3, 2019.
2018-2019 CDBG Annual Action Plan
The 2018-2019 Annual Action Plan was approved by the St. Johns County Board of County Commissioners on July 17, 2018. The Annual Action Plan is now being reviewed by staff of the US Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD). HUD approval of the Action Plan is expected by the end of September, with the funding to be available before December 2018.
For the 2018-2019 Fiscal Year, HUD allocated $918,973 for St. Johns County. The FY2018-2019 Action Plan will provide for the following expenditures:
- $258,282 for renovations and improvements to the Flagler Estates Park.
- $129,722 for renovations and improvements to the Armstrong Park.
- $297,175 for installation of a sidewalk in Flagler Estates.
- $50,000 for homeless prevention services.
- $183,794 for HUD-approved administrative and planning costs associated with establishing and maintaining a CDBG program.
Community Development Block Grant Program
The Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) program is a flexible program that provides communities with resources to address a wide range of unique community development needs. Beginning in 1974, the CDBG program is one of the longest continuously run programs at the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD). The CDBG program provides annual grants on a formula basis to 1209 general units of local government and States. St Johns County, in cooperation with the City of St Augustine Beach, met the population requirement in 2015 to be considered an Entitlement Community by HUD. The CDBG entitlement program allocates annual grants to larger cities and urban counties to develop viable communities by providing decent housing, a suitable living environment, and opportunities to expand economic opportunities, principally for low- and moderate-income persons.
- Environmental Review Record (ERR)
- Combined Notice of Finding of No Significant Impact and Intent to Request Release of Funds – Full Announcement
- Notice of Intent to Request Release of Funds - Collins Ave – Full Notice
- Substantial Amendment to the 2018 Annual Action Plan – Public Notice
- Proposed Substantial Amendment to the 2018 Annual Action Plan – Draft
- 2019-2020 Draft Action Plan
- Proposed 2019-2020 Action Plan – Public Notice
- Analysis of Impediments to Fair Housing Choice – Public Notice
- Analysis of Impediments – Final 3/15/19
- CDBG Affordable Housing – Public Notice
- CDBG Affordable Housing Application + Instructions
- 2019 CDBG Funding Survey Meetings Application – Public Notice
- 2019 CDBG Survey
- 2019 Community Meeting Schedule
- 2019 CDBG Application & Instructions
- St. Johns County 2016-2020 Consolidated Plan
- St. Johns County Citizen Participation Plan
- Analysis of Impediments - Draft 12-21-18
- Analysis of Impediments to Fair Housing Choice Public Notice
- 2017-2018 CAPER – Draft
- 2017-2018 Consolidated Annual Performance and Evaluation Report – Public Notice
- Fair Housing Forums - Public Meetings Notice
- Fair Housing Survey
- 2018-2019 Annual Action Plan
- 2018-2019 Proposed Action Plan – Public Notice
- 2018 CDBG Survey Results
- 2018 CDBG Application Scoring Public Notice
- 2018 CDBG Survey – CLOSED
- 2018 CDBG Application – CLOSED
- 2018 CDBG Meeting Schedule
- Consolidated Annual Performance and Evaluation Report – Public Notice
- Consolidated Annual Performance and Evaluation Report
- 2016-2017 Action Plan Substantial Amendment Draft 11/17/2017
- Substantial Amendment Public Notice 11/17/2017 – Posted November 17, 2017
- CDBG Public Meeting Notice – November 27, 2017
- Substantial Amendment Public Notice – Date Changed to October 3, 2017
- Substantial Amendment Public Notice – Cancelled due to Hurricane Irma
- Substantial Amendment to Consolidated Plan & 2016-2017 Action Plan – Draft (7MB PDF)
- 2017-2018 Annual Action Plan – Public Notice
- Scoring Notice 2017
- 2017 CDBG Public Hearings
- 2017 CDBG Application – CLOSED
- 2017 CDBG Survey – CLOSED