Registration Ends April 14 | Race day is Sunday, April 15
Last day to register is Saturday, April 14, from 11 to 3 p.m.
Last swim tests are Saturday, April 14, 10 to 3 p.m.
Join us for the 2018 Kids Triathlon on April 15, at 8 a.m. at the Solomon Calhoun Center! Children ages 5-14 can join in the fun and JUST TRI IT! This is a non-competitive event giving everyone the chance to participate in a Triathlon. The first 150 children to pick up their race packets will get a Just Tri It! tee shirt and every child that completes the race will get a medal for their accomplishment!
- Early packet pickup for the Triathlon is 11-3 p.m., Saturday, April 14 at the Solomon Calhoun Center.
- Day of Event Road Closures, Map, Directions, Parking Guidelines Map / Directions Parking
- Just Tri It! Course Map
Tot Trot Races
There will be a Tot Trot – a 100 yard dash for children ages 5 and under. Register at the Kids Triathlon table, Solomon Calhoun Center, Saturday, April 14, 11-3 p.m. and Sunday, April 15, 7-8 a.m. The Tot Trot race begins when the final Triathlon participant crosses the finish line and will be held on the football field next to the finish line. This event is free and all Trotters will receive a participation ribbon and t-shirt!
Registration Deadline / Fees
Registration fees are non-refundable. Fees help cover the cost of t-shirts, medals, and event materials.
- Registration Form & Credit Card Payment Form
- Just Tri It! Registration closes Saturday, April 14 at 3 p.m. for the Kids Triathlon.
- Registration Fee
- Early Bird Rates – Register before February 28, $20; Each additional child from the same family $10
- General Registration – March 1- April 13, $30; Each additional child from the same family $15
- Late Registration – April 14 & April 15, $40; Each additional child from the same family $20
- Tot Trot registration can be done April 14 and 15 at the Solomon Calhoun Center.
- Tot Trot is Free of charge
Race Day Schedule
- Race Rules
- Participant check and bike drop off at the Solomon Calhoun Center begins at 7 a.m.
- Please use the South St. Johns St. entrance, so we may better manage traffic in and out of the Center.
- All roads will close to incoming traffic at 8:00 a.m. After 8, use SR 207 and park outside the coned area.
- At 8:15 a.m. we will gather in the front of the Solomon Calhoun Center for announcements and the National Anthem.
- At 8:30 a.m. the first heat of Division One will begin.
- Please make sure all athletes have taken their swim test by April 14, 2018.
- Remember to bring your bike helmets, swim goggles, sunscreen and anything else your athlete might need for the event.
- Training wheels on bikes will NOT be permitted. Parents are not allowed to assist their child on the course at any time.
- Ages 5-6 (K-1st)
Swim 50m (2 laps) | Bike 2 mile | Run 1/2 mile
- Ages 7-8 (2nd-3rd)
Swim 100m (4 laps) | Bike 2 miles | Run 1/2 mile
- Ages 9-11 (4th & 6th)
Swim 150m (6 laps) | Bike 4 miles | Run 1 mile
- Ages 12-14 (7th -8th)
Swim 200m (8 laps) | Bike 6 miles | Run 1 mile
All children currently enrolled in kindergarten through 8th grade are welcome to participate in our non-competitive triathlon. All athletes will race in the appropriate division based on their ages on race day.
Children in the 9-11 division who have completed a competitive triathlon in 2017, are eligible for the 12-14 Division, but must submit proper documentation to the Recreation and Parks Department prior to the event.
Proof of Swimming Proficiency: With each athlete registration, you must include one of the following as proof that your child is a proficient swimmer. No child who must be assisted during the swimming portion of the race will be allowed to complete the triathlon. Each athlete will be contacted to confirm swim information.
- â€¢ USA Swimming Team Name and Head Coach's email address or phone number (only USA Swim Teams â€“ not summer league or lessons programs)
- Previous triathlon experience: Name and date of most recent event
- Photocopy of YMCA swim test card, available at any YMCA location
Parks & Recreation Newsletter
Be in the know about what's happening in our parks with our Parks and Recreation Newsletter.
SJC Parks and Recreation – Where everybody plays.