2022 Summer Camps
2022 Summer Camp Lottery Registration is Closed.
Super Summer Camps 2022
The St. Johns County Parks & Recreation Summer Camps emphasize outdoor activities and are staffed by experienced, motivated leaders from within our community. Campers get to participate in a variety of activities including field trips, arts & crafts, and swimming.
Lottery & Dates
Summer Camp Lottery Information
Due to high demand, a lottery system is in place where all names are drawn at random. Signing up for the lottery does not mean you have registered for camp. 2022 Summer Camp Lottery Registration is Closed.
Summer Camp Dates & Hours
- Camp starts June 13 through July 22, 2022. *Excludes 4th of July holiday
- Monday through Friday 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- Camp Rate: $430 per child
- Reduced Rate: $330 per child (must qualify*) To receive the reduced rate, you must qualify for reduced lunch with the St. Johns County School Board. You will be required to submit your paperwork with your registration forms to receive the discounted rate per child.
- Free Rate: $230 per child (must qualify*) You must qualify for free lunch with the St. Johns County School Board to receive the free rate. You will be required to submit your paperwork with your registration forms to receive the discounted rate per child.
*You will be required to submit your paperwork with your registration forms to receive the discounted rate per child.
Eligibility & Locations
The St. Johns County Parks & Recreation Department's summer camps are for County residents only. Children ages 5 (who have completed kindergarten) through 12 are eligible to sign-up.
2022 Camp Locations
- Davis Park Field House, 210 Davis Park Road, Ponte Vedra
- Ketterlinus Gym, 60 Orange Street, St. Augustine
- Plantation Park, 3060 Racetrack Road, St. Johns
- Solomon Calhoun Center, 1300 Duval Street, St. Augustine
- Trout Creek, 6795 Collier Road, St. Augustine
Process & Waitlist
How the Drawing Works
- Participants are chosen at random by drawing names on March 22.
- All results will be mailed no later than April 5. Results will not be shared prior to April 5. Please wait for your results before contacting our offices.
- If your first camp location choice is full, your child will be placed in your second choice.
- If your second choice is full, your child will be placed on the waiting list of your first choice.
- If the waiting List for your first choice is full, your child will be placed on the waiting list of your second choice.
Summer Camp Counselor Positions
Apply now to be a summer camp staff member for the St. Johns County Parks & Recreation Department. Our counselors help our campers have an experience they will never forget as they build relationships that last a lifetime! Candidates must be child focused, fun to be around, self-starting, hardworking, and enjoy working with a team. Applicants can contact Brian James at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn how to apply.
Counselor-In-Training (CIT) Program
Do you like the outdoors? Have you ever wanted to be a day camp counselor? The Counselor-In-Training Program (CIT):
- A 6-week youth program for teens ages 13-16.
- Learn valuable job training and leadership skills
- Work side by side with Counselors of the Summer Camp Program.
The program runs in the summer Monday through Friday for ten hours. CIT applicants are not required to stay for the entire ten hours but must stay for the majority of the day. Mandatory training for all CIT applicants will be held Thursday, June 9, 2022, at the Solomon Calhoun Center from 8:00 a.m. – to noon. At the completion of this training, each CIT will be able to volunteer at their chosen Summer Camp location, where he or she will receive one-on-one training and learn what it takes to become a day camp counselor.
The CIT Mission
The St. Johns County Parks and Recreation Department, Counselor-In-Training program offers past campers educational and leadership experiences, preparing them to be future leaders in our community. This program will teach our volunteers essential skills to succeed in a gratifying work environment.
The cost to participate in this program is a $50 program fee. This activity fee allows the CIT to participate in all camp field trips and swimming events and receive a shirt for the summer. The program fee and application are due no later than April 29, 2022; all applications are first come, first serve (only 4-6 CITs per site). You will be contacted if you are placed on a waiting list.
The 2022 Summer Program will begin June 13, 2022, and will end July 22, 2022. All camps open at 7:30 a.m. and close at 5:30 p.m.
Questions? For more information on the 2022 Summer Camp registration process, contact Brian James 904.209.0365 or email@example.com.
Parks & Recreation Newsletter
Be in the know about what's happening in our parks with our Parks and Recreation Newsletter.
Jr. Lifeguard Program
Join one of the top Lifeguard programs in the state of Florida. Train with the top Lifeguards on the St. Johns County Beaches and pool. Junior Lifeguard Program.
SJC Parks and Recreation – Where everybody plays.