St. Johns County Back to Business Grant
The Back to Business Grant Application is now available; learn about the application process and apply online here: HOW TO APPLY
Application period opens at 9:00 a.m. Tuesday, May 26 and closes at 5:00 PM on Monday, June 1, 2020.
St. Johns County cares about local businesses and employees. The Back to Business Grant is designed to assist small businesses that are in need of short-term assistance due to disruption of business operations and loss of revenue as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic. Assistance will be distributed in the form of grants of up to $10,000 to offset costs such as payroll, rent or mortgage, and utilities. This program will assist businesses that have a critical need for immediate assistance until other sources of funding can be obtained or until authorities relax social distancing requirements.
Back to Business Grant Program Goals
- Help small businesses in St. Johns County survive the COVID-19 crisis;
- Help retain employment of workers who are residents of St. Johns County, especially those who earn low- and moderate-incomes;
- Help St. Johns County small businesses continue to provide goods and services for residents, business, and communities of St. Johns County.
Back to Business Grant Application Process
- Online applications will be available on this webpage starting at 9:00 a.m. on Tuesday, May 26 (paper applications will not be accepted).
- The application period will close at 5:00 p.m. on Monday, June 1, 2020.
- Technical Assistance with the application process can be obtained by calling 904-209-1278, or by email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Eligibility requirements apply; eligible applicants that submit complete applications will be selected for award by an independent contractor.
- Individual grant awards are available up to $10,000. Awards will be disbursed via Electronic Funds Transfer.
- More about the Application Process
- Business must have experienced disruption and/or loss of income due to Coronavirus Crisis and/or public health restrictions (i.e., Emergency Orders).
- Business must own or lease space at a physical location zoned for business operations in St. Johns County, as of March 1, 2020.
- Business must be registered with FL Division of Corporations and/or licensed under FL Business and Professional Regulation.
- Business must have earned less than $5 Million in Annual Gross Income for 2019.
- Business must have 75 or fewer employees as of March 17, 2020.
- Business must show proof of paying Payroll Taxes prior to March 17, 2020.
- Business must have been operating for at least one (1) year prior to March 17, 2020. (Start-Up Businesses are not eligible.)
- Business must be current on St. Johns County Business Taxes.
- Business must have no pending petition for bankruptcy protection, no claims filed against it, and not be on the HUD Debarred List.
- Eligible Entities include: C-Corp, S-Corp, LLC, LLP, Partnership (JV, Gen, Limited).
- Businesses with a sole proprietor who can show evidence of paying taxes are eligible.
- If a Sole Proprietor, said Sole Proprietor must not be receiving Unemployment Insurance Benefits.
Types of Businesses EXCLUDED from Participation
- Businesses that exclude based on race, religion, ethnicity and/or economic standing;
- Businesses that offer services and/or entertainment that is sexually prurient;
- Businesses that offer gambling experiences;
- Businesses principally engaged in political lobbying, political campaigns and related influence;
- Businesses organized as a Non-Profit Organization.
- Business that are home-based.
- Start-up businesses that are less than one year old.
- Businesses where owners and/or staff have an identity of interest and/or relationship that meets the standard of a conflict of interest with SJC. This includes businesses that have as owners and/or employees who are current elected officials, directors, officers, employees, and contractors of the County and such individuals' family members (spouse, parents, children, grandchildren, great-grandchildren, and spouses of children, grandchildren, and great-grandchildren).
Back to Business Grants may be used to pay payroll expenses, rent/mortgage, or utilities.
For more information, or assistance with your application, please contact us at 904-209-1278, Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. or email email@example.com.