World Golf Village Public Involvement
News & Announcements
St. Johns County Seeks Community Input on World Golf Village – St. Johns County announced that the public has an opportunity to provide their input on the properties being vacated by the World Golf Foundation (WGF), which include the World Golf Hall of Fame, IMAX Theater, PGA Tour Productions facility, as well as various parking lots and other property amenities.
The public can visit www.sjcwgv.com to take the survey, provide written comments, and submit long-form documents or proposals. Survey ends September 30, 2023.
St. Johns County to Host Two Public Comment Meetings on the World Golf Village
St. Johns County has announced that the public is invited to provide their input on the World Golf Village properties being vacated by the World Golf Foundation (WGF), at two public comment meetings. Both meetings will be broadcast live and as video-on-demand on the County’s GTV broadcast online as well as to local subscribers of Comcast Cable and U-verse.
Meetings will take place at the St. Johns County Administration Building Auditorium, 500 San Sebastian View, St. Augustine, FL 32084 on the following dates:
- Wednesday, September 27, 2023, 5:30pm - 7:30pm
- Thursday, September 28, 2023, 9:00am - 11:00am
“I am excited to gather community input and professional proposals on this vital piece of property located in District 2, which is pivotal to the continued quality of life in the county,” District 2 Commissioner Sarah S. Arnold said in July as the County began its public outreach efforts.“ There are so many possibilities that can be realized, and to listen and learn about what the community wants will be a part of the process the Board of County Commissioners uses to make its decisions about these assets.”
At the June 6 Board of County Commission (BOCC) Regular Meeting, staff presented an update on the assessment of the properties and recommendations moving forward. On Sept. 6, with the support of the BOCC the County sent a letter of intent to the WGF Foundation expressing interest in acquisition of the PGA Tour Productions facility, located at 21 World Golf Place, and S. Legacy Trail which is comprised of various easements, parking lots, and other outdoor spaces. Additionally, the County is working with the WGF to collaborate on efforts to continue operation of the IMAX movie theatre.
The properties that are open for public input include:
- World Golf Hall of Fame: a 64,113 square-foot multi-purpose facility. WGF notified its intent to discontinue Hall of Fame operations on or about Sept. 1, 2023. Currently, WGF is proposing a temporary lease extension to Dec. 31, 2023.
- World Golf Hall of Fame IMAX Theater: a 17,865 square-foot movie theater. The equipment (movie screen and audio/visual components) would remain in the building.
- PGA Tour Productions: a 32,329 square-foot Class-A office building. WGF is relocating at the end of 2024.
- S. Legacy Trail: 36.07 acres of various parking lots, rights-of-way areas, landscaping, and lakes.
The County’s Economic Development Department continues to analyze public feedback and public engagement to establish themes and bring back a report to inform the BOCC for a comprehensive planning approach for the properties.
Questions? Email WGV@sjcfl.us
Public Survey - Survey ends September 30, 2023.