Beach Pavilion & Park FAQs

How can I see what dates are available to rent beachside pavilions?

To check availability of beachside pavilions including Butler Park East, Crescent Beach, North Beach Park, South Ponte Vedra Recreation Area, and Vilano Beach Pavilions please visit our Online Reservation System. To check availability of the Pier Pavilion please call Beach Services at 904.209.0331.

How can I reserve a date?
We can place a hold on a date for you for up to 7 days. To confirm your date, we must have your completed application and fee by the end of 7 days.

Does the witness signature on the application need to be by a notary?
No, the witness signature just needs to be another person.

Do you rent tables and chairs?
You will need to go through a third party to rent tables and chairs for your event. Please note event items must be delivered and picked up on the day of your event. If the items are delivered or picked up on a day other than the event date, you may incur additional fees.

When do I need to provide a Certificate of Liability Insurance?
All public events and private sporting events must have a certificate of insurance. The insurance must name St Johns County Board of County Commissioners at 500 San Sebastian View, St Augustine, FL 32084, as additionally insured for no less than one million dollars. Please see the Certificate of Liability Insurance Requirements for all requirements.

Can I reserve the Pier for a couple hours at a discounted fee?
No. The fees for the Pier Pavilion remain the same whether you use the facilities for a few hours or for the entire day.

Will alcohol be allowed in the parks during our event?
Yes, you can have alcohol at events if you have the appropriate insurance and permits. To serve alcohol at an event, you must have the Certificate of Liability (Certificate of Liability Insurance Requirements) and must include an alcohol policy. To sell alcohol, you must have a temporary license in addition to the Certificate of Liability Insurance. Please visit Florida Department of Business and Professional Regulation for more information.

Can we do a Balloon Release during our event?
St. Johns County Ordinance 2022-6  prohibits the release of helium, foil, mylar, biodegradable or photodegradable balloons and sky lanterns into the atmosphere. Their release are very impactful on the environment because the balloons inevitably deflate or the sky lanterns land creating litter and possibly causing animals to ingest or become entrapped.

Can I reserve the volleyball courts at the pier pavilion?
Yes, you can reserve volleyball courts for an extra fee. The courts are reserved in pairs for $15 plus tax per hour for St Johns County Residents, and $25 plus tax per hour for non-county residents. If you are interested in reserving volleyball courts please complete the Volleyball Reservation Application.

Can I grill at the parks?
Yes some of the parks have charcoals grills available for use, please take the coals away to dispose. You may also bring your own grills to use.

More Information

For more information, please contact Beach Services at (904) 209-0331.