Vilano Beach 50-year Army Corps Beach Project
Project Status: The USACE's contractor completed work on the Coastal Storm Risk Management project. Dune planting has finished. Please continue to refrain from walking or sitting on the dune crest as this will damage the plants and dune feature. Property Owners and their Guests may cross the dune from the property to the beach and back. Try to pick one path and stick to it to minimize impact. Property Owners must seek permitting from the State for boardwalks. Beach and Dune Walkover Guidelines
- Construction Completed
- De-mobilization Completed
- Dune Planting Completed
- The project extends from the Ocean Villas at Serenata Beach to just north of Nease Beach Front Park.
- Fifty year project with periodic nourishments.
- Rebuilding the dune to the 2015 conditions and widening the flat beach by 60 feet from where it was in 2015.
- The project has been fully approved and funded using a combination of USACE, State, County Tourist Development "Bed Tax", and MSTU funds. Assessment of the MSTU will begin on the November 2020 tax bill.
For more information, please see the Coastal Storm Risk Management Public Handout
The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers Project Website also has additional information.
For more information, please contact the Coastal Management team at (904) 209-0260, or firstname.lastname@example.org.