Traffic Operations

street signTraffic Hotline

To report any traffic signal or sign related incident, question or concern, our Traffic Hotline is available 24 hours a day at (904) 209-0170, and our office hours are Friday 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. You can also or use the PRIDE Online Issue Reporting System.

Emergencies please dial 911.

Our Role

Traffic signals and signs provide for the safe and efficient traffic flow through our County’s intersections, routes, and roads. The St. Johns County Traffic & Transportation Department follows strict Federal operating standards for the installation and maintenance of traffic signals and signs. We are required to comply with the Federal Highway Administration Manual on Uniform Traffic Control Devices specifications.

Our managerial, technical, and administrative staff is dedicated to promptly and efficiently responding to potential hazards caused by signal outages and damaged or missing signs. Our sign and signal technicians are on call 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, to ensure that our County’s roadways are safe and drivable.

Frequently Asked Questions

Issue, Concern, or Question?
If you need to reach a us with a comment, complaint, request, or issue, you can input your info and track progress right online with the PRIDE Online Issue Reporting System.

How do I report a traffic signal malfunction or outage?
Call the Traffic Hotline immediately at (904) 209-0170, or use the PRIDE System.

How to report a damaged or missing traffic sign?
Call the Traffic Hotline immediately at (904) 209-0170, or use the PRIDE System.

How can I request a traffic study, sign installation, or a change in traffic controlling devices in my neighborhood and/or on a roadway?
A resident may make a traffic sign or signal request or report a potential traffic hazard through the PRIDE Online Issue Reporting System. Please include details in yourreport, for example, the nature of the concern, direction of travel, time it occured. Once we receive the report, a Traffic Analyst will review the concern. If necessary, the analyst will then go out to the site to perform a "Traffic Study" to determine if changes are warranted and what traffic safety control devices will best suit the situation. 

Who do I call for a street light that is out?
Call Hank Mein, at (904) 209-0170.

What are the County rules for operating golf carts on roads and right of ways?
Golf Carts on County Roads and County Right of Ways (PDF)

Neighborhood Traffic Calming Program

The St. Johns County’s Neighborhood Traffic Calming Program (NTCP) is committed to balancing the needs of neighborhoods with the operational and mobility needs of the County road system.

The program provides a process for identifying and addressing problems on local streets related to speeding, cut-through traffic and operational safety.  Download the Traffic Calming Manual.

County Crash Report

St. Johns County Traffic Operations reviews and summarizes traffic crash data for the unincorporated areas of the County. This is an ongoing evaluation looking to find trends and reduce crashes.

Learn more about Traffic Control Devices