Youth Basketball is back!
Are you ready for the Madness of youth basketball? The St. Johns County Parks and Recreation youth basketball league tips off another exciting season for athletes’ ages 9-14 years old. Practices and games will take place at the Solomon Calhoun Community Center, 1300 Duval Street and Ketterlinus Gymnasium, 60 Orange Street. Game schedules will be finalized in November. All games are played on Tuesday, Thursday evenings, and practices are scheduled by individual coaches.
Registration is October 2nd - 29th, and the cost for the league is $40 per participant.
November 6th and 8th, 2023 at Solomon Calhoun Community Center (see times listed below)
- All players make a team; evaluations allow us to evenly distribute players to teams as best as possible.
- League age is based on the age of the child on October 2, 2023.
- Players moving up an age group must go through the evaluations.
- All new players must go through the evaluations. If a child is unable to attend the evaluations, they will still be placed on a team.
- Players on high school basketball teams (freshman, junior varsity, or varsity) are not eligible to participate in this program.
Evaluations dates and times
Boys 9-10 . . . . . . . . . . November 6, 2023 at 5:30 PM
Boys 11-12 . . . . . . . . . November 6, 2023 at 6:15 PM
Boys 13-14 . . . . . . . . . November 6, 2023 at 7:00 PM
All Girls 9-14 . . . . . . . .November 8, 2023 at 6:00 PM
Please do not come until your scheduled evaluation time.
- You will be contacted by a coach within two weeks following the evaluation.
- The time and place of practices are determined by the coaches. Players must attend a minimum of one practice per week to receive the minimum league playing time.
- Team jerseys will be provided by the first game.
- Games will be played at the Solomon Calhoun Center and Ketterlinus Gymnasium.
- Schedules will be posted online and passed out no later than the first scheduled game.
- Team practices begin after evaluations. The season runs December through February.
- Coaches are nationally and locally background checked.
Please remember that the St. Johns County Parks & Recreation Department runs the Youth Basketball League as a recreational league for the children. We want all teams and players to feel that they are playing in a safe environment and that their experience is a positive one. Also remember that our referees are doing their best and we are trying to reinforce good sportsmanship within our league. Please notify the League Director of any problem that you may have and it will be handled accordingly. Thank you for your participation in the league and good luck with your season.
For additional information, please contact Brian James at email@example.com or (904) 209-0365.
SJC Recreation and Parks – Play Your Way!