St. Johns County Back to Business Grant
The Back to Business Grant Application closed at 5 PM on June 1, 2020.
All applicants will be informed of the status of their application, as soon as funding decisions have been finalized. We apologize for the delay. If further assistance is needed, you may send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Answers to your questions may be found on our FAQ page.
St. Johns County cares about local businesses and employees. The Back to Business Grant is designed to assist small businesses that are in need of short-term assistance due to disruption of business operations and loss of revenue as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic. Assistance will be distributed in the form of grants of up to $10,000 to offset costs such as payroll, rent or mortgage, and utilities. This program will assist businesses that have a critical need for immediate assistance until other sources of funding can be obtained or until authorities relax social distancing requirements.
Back to Business Grant Program Goals
- Help small businesses in St. Johns County survive the COVID-19 crisis;
- Help retain employment of workers who are residents of St. Johns County, especially those who earn low- and moderate-incomes;
- Help St. Johns County small businesses continue to provide goods and services for residents, business, and communities of St. Johns County.
Back to Business Grant Application Process
- The application period closed at 5:00 p.m. on Monday, June 1, 2020.
- Technical Assistance with the application process can be obtained by calling 904-209-1278, or by email email@example.com.
- Eligibility requirements apply; eligible applicants that submit complete applications will be selected for award by an independent contractor.
- Individual grant awards are available up to $10,000. Awards will be disbursed via Electronic Funds Transfer.
- More about the Application Process
- Business must have experienced disruption and/or loss of income due to Coronavirus Crisis and/or public health restrictions (i.e., Emergency Orders).
- Business must own or lease space at a physical location zoned for business operations in St. Johns County, as of March 1, 2020.
- Business must be registered with FL Division of Corporations and/or licensed under FL Business and Professional Regulation.
- Business must have earned less than $5 Million in Annual Gross Income for 2019.
- Business must have 75 or fewer employees as of March 17, 2020.
- Business must show proof of paying Payroll Taxes prior to March 17, 2020.
- Business must have been operating for at least one (1) year prior to March 17, 2020. (Start-Up Businesses are not eligible.)
- Business must be current on St. Johns County Business Taxes.
- Business must have no pending petition for bankruptcy protection, no claims filed against it, and not be on the HUD Debarred List.
- Eligible Entities include: C-Corp, S-Corp, LLC, LLP, Partnership (JV, Gen, Limited).
- Businesses with a sole proprietor who can show evidence of paying taxes are eligible.
- If a Sole Proprietor, said Sole Proprietor must not be receiving Unemployment Insurance Benefits.
Types of Businesses EXCLUDED from Participation
- Businesses that exclude based on race, religion, ethnicity and/or economic standing;
- Businesses that offer services and/or entertainment that is sexually prurient;
- Businesses that offer gambling experiences;
- Businesses principally engaged in political lobbying, political campaigns and related influence;
- Businesses organized as a Non-Profit Organization.
- Business that are home-based.
- Start-up businesses that are less than one year old.
- Businesses where owners and/or staff have an identity of interest and/or relationship that meets the standard of a conflict of interest with SJC. This includes businesses that have as owners and/or employees who are current elected officials, directors, officers, employees, and contractors of the County and such individuals' family members (spouse, parents, children, grandchildren, great-grandchildren, and spouses of children, grandchildren, and great-grandchildren).
Back to Business Grants may be used to pay payroll expenses, rent/mortgage, or utilities.
For more information, or assistance with your application, please contact us at 904-209-1278, Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. or email firstname.lastname@example.org.