Get the latest Solid Waste updates, resources, and more! Sign up for the monthly Solid Waste Newsletter
Garbage, recycling, and yard debris collection schedules are managed directly by the residential service providers. If you need to inquire about your scheduled day of service, please see the contact information below for Republic Services and Waste Management for further assistance.
- Waste Management provides residential curbside service to residents in the southern half of St. Johns County and can be reached directly at (904) 827-1005.
- Republic Services provides residential curbside service to residents in the northern half of St. Johns County and can be reached directly at (904) 825-0991.
- Service Provider Collection Boundaries Map
St. Johns County makes it easy to be a responsible recycler. Place only the five categories of items listed below, loose (unbagged) in your recycling cart.
- Paper & Cardboard
Newspapers, magazines, catalogs, junk mail, office paper, cereal/food boxes, and flattened cardboard.
- Plastic Containers
Clean and empty food and beverage containers, soap bottles and jugs, empty pill bottles. Labels do not need to be removed. NO Styrofoam®, NO plastic bags.
Clean and empty milk, juice, soup, broth, and wine cartons.
Bottles & jars (clear, green, & brown) only. No windows or ceramic containers.
Aluminum & metal food and beverage containers only (clean and empty).
View, print, or download the "Take Five" Recycling Postcard
- Garbage, recycling and yard debris must be separated by resident and placed curbside by 6 a.m. on the scheduled collection day.
- Place recyclable materials loose (unbagged) in your recycling cart provided by your service provider.
- Place the cart no more than three (3) feet from the curb and all obstructions to ensure the automated arm can safely grasp the cart.
- All items must fit into the cart to be collected. The service provider's collection crews do not pick up any material that is not in a recycling cart.
- Do not overfill your recycling cart. This reduces the amount of recyclables that may fall out of the cart and onto the right-of-way.
- Labels do not have to be removed prior to recycling. However, please remove caps and be sure to empty and rinse recyclables.
- Recycling carts placed in front of vacant lots, lands, or properties will not be collected.
- Refrain from placing your cart near parked cars, mailboxes, light poles or other objects as the truck will not have sufficient clearance to lift and empty the cart.
Do Not Recycle
Recycling Equipment Tanglers: No plastic bags or film wrapping, holiday lights, wire, electronics, or bubble wrap.
Non-Container Plastics: No toys, hangers, packing peanuts, garden hoses, etc.
Contaminants: No food waste, garbage, Styrofoam®, diapers, mirrors, window panes, ceramic containers, yard waste, tires, or any item not listed on acceptable recycling list.
Do you wishcycle? Tossing questionable items in the recycling bin, hoping they can somehow be recycled. Don't be a wish-cycler, place only the items listed above in your cart!
Request an Additional Cart or Schedule a Pick Up: Residents may request an additional cart or recycle appliances curbside by scheduling a collection with their service provider. Please contact our office for further assistance.
Questions or Concerns?
Do you have any questions or concerns regarding your residential curbside services? Please contact us at (904) 827-6980 for further assistance.