What do I need to bring to my first appointment? 

  • 7 August 2023

This is a general list, more specific documents based on an individual claim may be needed.

  • DD 214 or separation documentation
  • copy of private medical doctors notes with the conditions that you are wanting to file a claim for service connection for
  • if you are filing for death benefits, long copy of the death certificate and copy of the funeral bill showing a zero balance
  • if married a copy of the marriage certificate
  • if the veteran has minor children a copy of the birth certificates
  • banking information including name of the bank, routing number and account number