What do I need to bring to my first appointment?
- 7 August 2023
This is a general list, more specific documents based on an individual claim may be needed.
- DD 214 or separation documentation
- copy of private medical doctors notes with the conditions that you are wanting to file a claim for service connection for
- if you are filing for death benefits, long copy of the death certificate and copy of the funeral bill showing a zero balance
- if married a copy of the marriage certificate
- if the veteran has minor children a copy of the birth certificates
- banking information including name of the bank, routing number and account number