Check out this video demonstration on how to submit a request regarding private property.
To submit a request or complaint related to private property, such as abandoned vehicles, animal control issues, docks/boat ramps, overgrown lots, right-of-way concerns, signs, or unsafe buildings, follow these steps:
Navigate to the ‘Code Enforcement’ Ribbon
- Start by accessing the ‘Code Enforcement’ section on the landing page of the app
Choose an Action – Enter a New Request
- Select the option to enter a new request.
Complete the Online Request Form
- Fill out the online request form, ensuring that you select the category that best fits your specific complaint.
Include the Street Address of the Complaint
- Specify the street address where the issue is located.
- Providing accurate information helps expedite the resolution process.
Provide a Detailed Description
- Offer a detailed description of the complaint or request, including specific information about the location and any relevant details.
- The more information you provide, the better equipped authorities will be to address the issue.
Enter Your Contact Information
- Include your contact information to allow authorities to reach out for additional details or updates if necessary.
- Per SB 60 Effective Date 07/01/2021: Section 1. Subsection (4) of section 125.69, Florida Statutes, is amended to read: 125.69 Penalties; enforcement by code inspectors. — (b) A person designated as a code inspector may not initiate an investigation of a potential violation of a duly enacted code or ordinance by way of an anonymous complaint. A person who reports a potential violation of a code or an ordinance must provide his or her name and address to the governing body of the respective board of county commissioners before an investigation occurs.
Press the Button to Submit Your Request
- Once you have completed all the required fields, press the designated button to submit your request.
- This action will officially register your complaint and initiate the resolution process.