- St. Johns County to Host Open House for Disc Golf Course Project â€“ St. Johns County will host an open house for the planned Disc Golf Course Project. The proposed project would build a new 18-hole disc golf course alongside the St. Johns Golf Club course. St. Johns County Parks and Recreation staff will be available to answer questions and share details about the project. When: Monday, Feb. 13, 2023 from 5 to 6 p.m. Where: St. Johns County Fairgrounds, 5840 State Road 207, Elkton, FL. One or more County Commissioners may be present at the open house. The St. Johns County Board of County Commissioners will take no action at this open house.
- St. Johns County will host additional open houses to support the ongoing Coastal Management Easement Initiative. Butler Beach, Crescent Beach, and Summer Haven Thursday, Feb. 9, 2023 from 4 to 6 p.m. St. Augustine Beach City Hall, 2200 A1A South, St. Augustine, FL 32080.
- St. Johns County to Temporarily Close Palm Valley West Boat Ramp for Improvements â€“ St. Johns County will temporarily close the Palm Valley West Boat Ramp for improvements from Jan. 9 to April 10, 2023. The Palm Valley West Boat Ramp is located on the west side of the Intracoastal Waterway underneath the Palm Valley Bridge.
- St. Johns County annual beach driving passes go on sale Monday, Dec. 5. St. Johns County resident passes are $50, non-resident passes are $100, and ADA-accessible passes are $40. Passes will be available during normal business hours at several locations. Visit the Beach Driving Passes page for more information.
- St. Johns County is launching a new emergency notification system to provide residents with critical information during emergency situations. The new Alert St. Johns system will enable residents to get critical information in a variety of situations including severe weather, unexpected road closures, water advisories, missing persons, evacuations of buildings or neighborhoods, and incidents that may threaten public safety. To receive alerts, sign up at https://member.everbridge.net/index/892807736725582#/login.
- The Fire Watch Program and App. According to the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs, approximately twenty veterans commit suicide each day in the United States. To respond to this national epidemic, St. Johns County has joined surrounding communities and local organizations in Fire Watch, a program that provides a support system for veterans in crisis. The Fire Watch launched a mobile app that enables veterans and volunteers to foster positive relationships and ensure veterans get the help they need. Available on both the Apple App Store and Android Google Play, the app will allow veterans in crisis to quickly receive emergency assistance and connect them with a variety of local resources and allies that will help them build relations and provide one-on-one counseling and support. www.thefirewatch.org.Â
County Commissioner Invitations – The County Commissioners receive invitations to attend various events and, on occasion, more than one Commissioner may attend and participate. For notices and more information, visit the BOCC’s Invitations webpage.
Boards and Committees Volunteer Opportunities – Residents interested in serving their community and participating in local government may apply for a variety of board and committee opportunities. Current Board Vacancies
Sales Tax Performance Audit – St. Johns County was audited by the Office of Program Policy Analysis and Government Accountability (OPPAGA). This audit is part of the state’s new transparency requirements for proposed sales tax increases. Sales Tax Performance Audit Full Report.
Broadband Survey Reports – The St. Johns County Department of Economic Development would like to thank all those who participated in taking the Community and Business Broadband Surveys. Broadband Survey Reports
St. Johns County Launches Recycle Coach – Recycle Coach is live! We have teamed up with Recycle Coach to help educate our residents on proper recycling! By downloading the Recycle Coach app or visiting recyclestjohns.com, you can get your curbside collection schedule, sign up for alerts, and quickly learn how to dispose of different waste materials properly. The Recycle Coach app also has image recognition software. Just take a picture of an item, and it will tell you if it is recyclable! Download the Recycle Coach app on the Apple App Store or Google Play. Learn more about Recycle Coach
St. Johns County’s FEMA Disaster Recovery Center Closed – The FEMA Disaster Recovery Center at the Wind Mitigation Buildin closed permanently on Saturday, Jan. 14, 2023. Individuals needing hurricane relief assistance after this date can still register for Individual Assistance for Hurricane Nicole damages via phone and website until Feb. 13, 2023. To apply online, visit www.disasterassistance.gov or call 800-621-3362. Help is available in most languages. If you use a relay service, such as a video relay (VRS), captioned telephone, or other communication services, please provide FEMA the specific number assigned for that service.
Disc Golf Course Project Open House – St. Johns County will host an open house for the planned Disc Golf Course Project on Monday, Feb. 13, 2023 from 5 to 6 p.m. at the St. Johns County Fairgrounds, 5840 State Road 207, Elkton, FL. The proposed project would build a new 18-hole disc golf course alongside the St. Johns Golf Club course. St. Johns County Parks and Recreation staff will be available to answer questions and share details about the project. One or more County Commissioners may be present at the open house. The St. Johns County Board of County Commissioners will take no action at this open house.
Northwest Communications Tower Citizens Advisory Board Meeting – The Northwest Communications Tower Citizens Advisory Board of St. Johns County, FL, will hold a meeting March 6, 2023 at 6:00 p.m. at Beluthahatchee Park, Hart House located at 1523 State Road 13, St. Johns, FL 32259. It is anticipated the one or members of the St. Johns County Board of County Commissioners may attend and participate in the meeting. Northwest Communications Tower Citizens Advisory Board
Coastal Management Easement Initiative Open Houses – St. Johns County hosting additional open houses to support the ongoing Coastal Management Easement Initiative. Open House Press Release
- Butler Beach, Crescent Beach, and Summer Haven
Thursday, Feb. 9, 2023 from 4 to 6 p.m.
St. Augustine Beach City Hall, 2200 A1A South, St. Augustine, FL 32080
Annual Beach Driving Passes On Sale – St. Johns County annual beach driving passes are on sale. St. Johns County resident passes are $50, non-resident passes are $100, and ADA-accessible passes are $40. Passes are available at several locations. For more information, visit the Beach Driving Passes page.
Vilano Beach Pier to Undergo Maintenance – Beginning Monday, Dec. 5, the Vilano Beach Pier, located at 260 Vilano Road, St. Augustine, will undergo maintenance, including resurfacing and pressure washing. The project is anticipated to last four weeks. Portions of the Vilano Beach Pier will remain open during this time for public use. For more information, please call 904.209.0331.
St. Johns County Offering Assistance with Past Due Energy Bills for Low-Income Seniors – The Emergency Home Energy Assistance for the Elderly Program (EHEAP) provides heating/cooling (Electric) bill assistance to an elder who is in immediate danger of losing home energy. For eligibility guidelines and application, visit the Social Services page or call 904-209-6140.
Projects & Closures
I-95 South at CR 214 Lane Closures, Intermittent Detours Planned this Month for Overhead Beam Replacement – As part of an emergency construction contract to replace the County Road 214 overpass beam at Interstate 95 southbound, motorists can expect lane closures and detours in the area throughout January. Beginning Friday, Jan. 20, on I-95 southbound at CR 214, daily single-lane closures may occur from 8 p.m. to 5 a.m., and daily double-lane closures may occur from 10 p.m. to 5 a.m.
Motorists can also expect occasional overnight weekend detours of I-95 for demolition, beam, and deck placement. These detours will occur between 11 p.m. and 5 a.m. on Fridays and Saturdays between Jan. 20 and Feb. 5. During these overnight closures, traffic will be detoured via State Road 16 eastbound to U.S. 1 southbound and then to State Road 207 southbound to reconnect with I-95 southbound.
On CR 214, a temporary signal will direct one-lane, two-way traffic over I-95 throughout the period of construction. Nightly detours of CR 214 may occur between 9 p.m. and 6 a.m.
FDOT awarded Superior Construction Company Southeast the $1.15 million contract to repair damage to the CR 214 overpass over southbound I-95. The damage occurred on Dec. 7, 2022, when a dump truck’s elevated bed struck the overpass. Repairs will be completed in February 2023, weather and unforeseen circumstances permitting. Stay informed about lane closures and roadwork in your area by following FDOT District 2 @MyFDOT_NEFL on Twitter or @MyFDOTNEFL on Facebook.
Palm Valley West Boat Ramp Improvements Temporary Closure – St. Johns County will temporarily close the Palm Valley West Boat Ramp for improvements from Jan. 9 until Summer 2023. The Palm Valley West Boat Ramp is located on the west side of the Intracoastal Waterway underneath the Palm Valley Bridge. Palm Valley West Boat Ramp Closure
Douglas C. Crane Boat Ramp Closes Temporarily – St. Johns County Public Works will temporarily close the Douglas C. Crane Boat Ramp for improvements beginning Oct. 3, 2022. The boat ramp will reopen in Spring 2023, weather permitting. Douglas C. Crane Boat Ramp Closure
Current FEMA Flood Insurance Rate Maps & Information – Flood Zone Viewer | NFIP Rating Insurance Discounts for Some SJC Property Owners
Projects, Advisories, Status Updates – For right of way projects, advisories, and status updates as well as permitting activity, please visit the St. Johns County Neighborhood Bill of Rights Application
Public Records Requests
Government records may be seen and copied from a records custodian at the County Administration building, via specific County Departments responsible for their own records, from records custodians at Elected Officials Offices and at other levels of government such as state agencies, local, county and state authorities. Public records requests to the County may be made by completing the Public Records Request Form or by contacting the County’s Public Records Custodian at:
Office of the County Attorney, Attn: Public Records Custodian
500 San Sebastian View, St. Augustine, Florida 32084-8686
E: firstname.lastname@example.org | P: (904) 209-0805 | F: (904) 209-0806
Special Districts Information can be found at www.sjcfl.us/SpecialDistricts