Hospital Inpatient Physician, Specialty Physician Visits, and Outpatient Services
The Social Services Medical Program covers a variety of medically related services needed in life-threatening and critical care situations. St. Johns County Social Services attempts to provide all necessary services to ensure the health of clients is such to assist in remaining work ready. However, there may be a medical service desired by a client (or client’s doctor) that cannot be covered. In some cases, specialty physician services or other related medical service may not be offered in St. Johns County.
Program services are available for those applicants who do not have health insurance or access to health insurance coverage and are working or pending disability.
- Hospital Inpatient Services
- Inpatient facility charges are not covered through the Social Services Division; however, inpatient physician charges are covered under this program if determined eligible.
- Specialty Physician Services / Medical
- When appropriate, this program covers Specialty Physician service needed in life-threatening and/or critical care situations, whereas neglect of care would possibly lead to other serious issues or complications.
- Outpatient Services
- Pays for outpatient care such as x-rays, MRI’s, CT scans, physical therapy, laboratory services, and home health care services.
Prepare the following required documentation:
- Must have Hospital discharge papers, Primary care or Specialty Physician referral
- St Johns County Picture ID or DL for all adults in the household – Proof of residency required if St Johns County ID not presented (i.e. utility bill, voter registration or lease agreement).
- Social Security Cards for all members of the household
- Income proof: ALL household members for previous four (4) months. May include check stubs, unemployment, self-employment form, or letter of support signed by relative that includes dollar amount and contact information
- Should work a minimum of 20 hours/week or show proof of receiving unemployment, pending disability or on workers compensation
- Four (4) full calendar months of bank statements for ALL household members and all accounts
- If parent or guardian caring for a child, proof of Medicaid Eligibility required
Choose one of two ways to submit your application. Both application methods require all documentation to be submitted. Please do not begin the application process without having all required documents ready for submission:
- Complete the PDF – St. Johns County Social Services Application. Please print PDF and bring to one of the two offices listed below along with all the required documentation needed for determination.
- Complete the DocuSign – St Johns County Application. All required fields and required documentation must be completed in order to submit application for assistance. You must click agree to use electronic records and signatures first in order to proceed with this method.
Once application and all required documents are received and reviewed by a Case Specialist additional documentation may be requested depending on your unique situation.
Contact Social Services
Social Services – Main Office Monday thru Friday, 8am to 5pm
200 San Sebastian View, Suite 2300 St. Augustine, FL 32084
Office Phone: (904) 209-6140