with SJC Parks & Recreation
Geocaching with SJC Parks & Recreation
Complete the 2023 Geocaching Passport! Download or print your 2023 Geocaching Passport today!
Geocaching is a fun outdoor treasure hunt game that can be enjoyed on your own or with friends and family. The St. Johns County Parks and Recreation Department has hidden caches all around our County parks and created this handy, mobile-friendly site to help you find them. Now, it's up to you to choose your coordinates and get hunting!
Geocaching is a real time treasure hunt using you phone or GPS. This is a game that can be enjoyed on your own or with friends and family. The St. Johns County Parks and Recreation Department has hidden caches in many of our county parks. Now, it's up to you to find them. Choose your coordinates here or download the Geocache mobile app to find them all! Geocaching App @ www.geocaching.com/ or download in app store.
- Snacks, water
- Dress for bugs, weather, and watch for snakes
- A GPS receiver, smartphone with GPS or a geocaching app (recommended).
- Never get caught finding a cache (muggles are watching).
- Open, check-in, and register on geocaching.com
- If you take an item leave an item (keep it family friendly).
- Return the cache to the same place you found it. Please do not move or remove a cache.
- Be respectful of the environment and other park visitors and Leave No Trace!
WHERE ARE CACHES HIDDEN?
Look for Geocaches within 30' of the GPS coordinates. You may have to step off trail a few feet or look under a boardwalk. County Caches are official Geocache lock lids boxes that are registered with Geocaching.com. You may find them hidden in bushes, under leaves, in a tree, beside a path or structure. You will not need to dig or break anything to find. For hints and descriptions look up the official website.
For more information about the St. Johns County Parks and Recreation geocaching program, please contact the Main Office at 904-209-0333.