County Administrator Ice Cream Social
Get the Scoop on County Administrator Finalists at the Oct. 30 St. Johns County Ice Cream Social
St. Johns County invites the public to get the scoop on the County Administrator finalists at the free Ice Cream Social that will be held in the County Administration Rotunda, 500 San Sebastian View, St. Augustine, from 4 to 6 p.m. on Monday, Oct. 30. The public will be able to enjoy free ice cream and meet the four candidates selected for in-person interviews with the Board of County Commissioners (BOCC).
The four top-tier candidates are as follows:
- Joy Andrews, Interim County Administrator for St. Johns County, Florida
- Sarah Campbell, Town Manager for Orange Park, Florida
- James Doar, County Administrator for Gallatin County, Montana
- James Harriott, Director of Engineering – Transportation for Causseaux, Hewitt, and Walpole, Inc. Professional Consultants
The BOCC contracted with GovHR USA, a government recruitment and management consultant, to ensure a thorough, strategic national search for the next County Administrator was completed, which provided a pool of 105 applicants. GovHR USA narrowed the pool down to 12 potential candidates for the Selection Committee to review. In a public meeting on Oct. 6, the Selection Committee designated five applicants as top-tier candidates and scheduled Zoom interviews with each of them for Oct. 9. After the interviews, the Selection Committee unanimously voted to recommend all five candidates for consideration by the BOCC. One candidate withdrew from the process, leaving four top-tier candidates for the BOCC to consider. At the Oct. 17 BOCC regular meeting, the Board unanimously accepted the recommendation of the St. Johns County Administrator Selection Committee to interview the four top-tier candidates on Tuesday, Oct. 31.
In the interest of maintaining a transparent and open hiring process that seeks community input and involvement at each step, the public is invited to attend the remaining County Administrator recruitment events, which currently include:
Monday, Oct. 30, 2023 – 4 to 6 p.m. – Open to Public
St. Johns County Administration Rotunda, 500 San Sebastian View
- The public and St. Johns County department directors will be invited to meet the final candidates selected for in-person interviews at a “Meet the Next County Administrator” ice cream social event. GovHR consultants will be present to help facilitate.
Tuesday, Oct. 31, 2023 – 9 a.m. – Open to Public – Watch Livestream or Recording
St. Johns County Auditorium, 500 San Sebastian View
- The Board of County Commissioners will interview the candidates recommended for the County Administrator position. GovHR consultants will be available in person to facilitate the interview process and respond to questions by either the Commissioners or candidates.
The County Administrator Selection Committee is comprised of the following individuals:
- Henry Dean, St. Johns County District 5 Commissioner
- Brandon Patty, St. John County Clerk of the Circuit Court and Comptroller
- Lilian Hutchinson, St. Johns County Director of Human Resources
- Jerry Wilson, Community/Business Representative
The Board of County Commissioners encourages residents to provide their feedback on the skills and attributes they would like to see in the next County Administrator. Feedback can be submitted by emailing email@example.com. Watch the County Administrator recruitment video on the St. Johns County YouTube channel.