Do I need a permit to install utilities within St. Johns County?

  • 8 August 2023

Yes. The SJC Land Development Code requires a written permit to disturb, excavate, block, obstruct, tamper, with or place any construction or other material in any public road right-of-way within St. Johns County. There are only two exceptions to that requirement:

  1. If your company is only working in a FDOT Right-of-Way you will not require a permit from this office.
  • If you are doing off-site utility work for a commercial application or a new subdivision and all off-site utilities were shown on your approved Development Review plans you will not need a permit from this office. Otherwise any and all request to work within the SJC rights-of-ways will require a permit from this office.