Get the latest Solid Waste updates, resources, and more! Sign up for the monthly Solid Waste Newsletter
Garbage, recycling, and yard debris collection schedules are managed directly by the residential service providers. If you need to inquire about your scheduled day of service, please see the contact information below for Republic Services and Waste Management for further assistance.
- Waste Management provides residential curbside service to residents in the southern half of St. Johns County and can be reached directly at (904) 827-1005.
- Republic Services provides residential curbside service to residents in the northern half of St. Johns County and can be reached directly at (904) 825-0991.
- Service Provider Collection Boundaries Map
- Yard waste, including bagged debris, is picked up on standard collection days by Waste Management or Republic Services.
- Branches, shrubs, and stumps (not over 6 ft. in length or 50 lbs. in weight) should be stacked neatly parallel to the curb.
- Leaves, grass clippings, twigs and small pieces of yard waste MUST be bagged, bundled, or placed in a garbage receptacle no larger than 32 gallons and 50 lbs.
- With large amounts, please stack in neat piles. (If it has to be pulled apart, it will not be collected.)
- Palm fronds should be stacked in neat piles on top of one another with the fan portion facing away from the curb.
- Do not blow leaves and yard waste into the street and storm drains that empty into nearby waterways.
- Yard waste placed in front of vacant lots, lands, or properties will not be collected.
Items that are not yard waste include: Whole trees, land clearing debris, yard waste weighing more than 50 lbs. or more than 6 ft. in length, small pieces of yard waste not properly bagged or containerized, fencing, landscape timbers, garden hoses, planters, flower pots, and yard decorations.
Please Note: Garbage, recycling and yard debris must be separated by resident and placed curbside by 6 a.m. on the scheduled collection day.
View, print, or download these helpful guides:
Questions or Concerns?
Do you have any questions or concerns regarding your residential curbside services? Please contact us at (904) 827-6980 for further assistance.