St. Johns County Parks and Recreation Announces Services Update Ahead of Approaching Storm Conditions
Strong to severe storms are possible for St. Johns County over the weekend.
In preparation for the approaching storm conditions, St. Johns County Parks and Recreation will be making the following preparations:
- Staff will close the beach access gates this evening. Beach driving will be closed to the public from Saturday morning until after high tide on Sunday. Staff will then work with the St. Johns County Sheriff’s Office to assess which areas can be reopened for vehicular access.
- The St. Johns County Ocean Pier will close to pedestrian access on Saturday morning until Sunday once conditions allow. The pier gift shop will remain open.
- Sporting events will remain scheduled and staff will make daytime closures as needed based on the weather throughout the day.
- No recreation programs will be impacted.
St. Johns County Emergency Management encourages the public to stay informed through these options:
- Follow St. Johns County Emergency Management on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/StJohnsEOC) and X/Twitter (https://twitter.com/StJohnsEOC).
- Sign up for the Alert St. Johns emergency notification system at www.sjcemergencymanagement.com.
- Ensure the notification settings selected allow you to be alerted at all times for your safety.
- Register for Nixle Alerts by texting StJohnsEOC to 888777.