- St. Johns County Launches Recycle CoachÂ â€“Â Recycle Coach is live! We have teamed up with Recycle Coach to help educate our residents on proper recycling! By downloading the Recycle Coach app or visitingÂ recyclestjohns.com, you can get your curbside collection schedule, sign up for alerts, and quickly learn how to dispose of different waste materials properly. The Recycle Coach app also has image recognition software. Just take a picture of an item, and it will tell you if it is recyclable! Download the Recycle Coach app on theÂ Apple App StoreÂ orÂ Google Play. Â Learn more about Recycle Coach.
- St. Johns County Vehicular Beach Access Passes Required Starting March 1 â€“ Beginning March 1, vehicles accessing St. Johns County driving beaches will be required to have a beach driving pass from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Vehicles can access the beach at the following locations: A Street, Ocean Trace, Dondanville, Matanzas Avenue, Mary Street, Crescent Beach, and Porpoise Point. The Vilano and Fort Matanzas access ramps are temporarily closed at this time. Passes can be purchased with cash at any beach access ramp from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. For information about beach passes, please visit www.sjcfl.us/Beaches/Passes.aspx.
- St. Johns County to Temporarily Close Palm Valley West Boat Ramp for Improvements â€“ St. Johns County will temporarily close the Palm Valley West Boat Ramp for improvements from Jan. 9 to Summer 2023. The Palm Valley West Boat Ramp is located on the west side of the Intracoastal Waterway underneath the Palm Valley Bridge.
- St. Johns County is launching a new emergency notification system to provide residents with critical information during emergency situations. The new Alert St. Johns system will enable residents to get critical information in a variety of situations including severe weather, unexpected road closures, water advisories, missing persons, evacuations of buildings or neighborhoods, and incidents that may threaten public safety. To receive alerts, sign up at https://member.everbridge.net/index/892807736725582#/login.
- The Fire Watch Program and App. According to the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs, approximately twenty veterans commit suicide each day in the United States. To respond to this national epidemic, St. Johns County has joined surrounding communities and local organizations in Fire Watch, a program that provides a support system for veterans in crisis. The Fire Watch launched a mobile app that enables veterans and volunteers to foster positive relationships and ensure veterans get the help they need. Available on both the Apple App Store and Android Google Play, the app will allow veterans in crisis to quickly receive emergency assistance and connect them with a variety of local resources and allies that will help them build relations and provide one-on-one counseling and support. www.thefirewatch.org.Â
American Rescue Plan Act Funding
View Meeting Notices, Events, and Advisory Calendars
Board of County Commissioners Regular Meetings are held monthly on the first and third Tuesdays at 9 a.m. in the County Auditorium. Agendas | Minutes | Calendar
County Commissioner Invitations – The County Commissioners receive invitations to attend various events and, on occasion, more than one Commissioner may attend and participate. For notices and more information, visit the BOCC’s Invitations webpage.
Boards and Committees Volunteer Opportunities – Residents interested in serving their community and participating in local government may apply for a variety of board and committee opportunities. Current Board Vacancies
Sales Tax Performance Audit – St. Johns County was audited by the Office of Program Policy Analysis and Government Accountability (OPPAGA). This audit is part of the state’s new transparency requirements for proposed sales tax increases. Sales Tax Performance Audit Full Report.
Broadband Survey Reports – The St. Johns County Department of Economic Development would like to thank all those who participated in taking the Community and Business Broadband Surveys. Broadband Survey Reports
St. Johns County Transportation Summit - St. Johns County staff provided a presentation focused on strategic transportation infrastructure funding needs throughout St. Johns County. At the conclusion of the Transportation Summit, the panel gathered in the rotunda to make brief statements and answer questions from members of the media.
St. Johns County Transportation Summit Materials
St. Johns County Launches Recycle Coach – Recycle Coach is live! We have teamed up with Recycle Coach to help educate our residents on proper recycling! By downloading the Recycle Coach app or visiting recyclestjohns.com, you can get your curbside collection schedule, sign up for alerts, and quickly learn how to dispose of different waste materials properly. The Recycle Coach app also has image recognition software. Just take a picture of an item, and it will tell you if it is recyclable! Download the Recycle Coach app on the Apple App Store or Google Play. Learn more about Recycle Coach
IAFF Local #3865 Negotiation Meetings – Representatives of the Collective Bargaining Team of St. Johns County and representatives of the International Association of Firefighters Local #3865 will meet in public session for the purpose of collective bargaining contract negotiations. Meeting will take place on Tuesday, April 4, 2023, 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. in the Training Room located in the County Administration Building, 500 San Sebastian View, St. Augustine, FL.
Vehicular Beach Access Passes Required Starting March 1 – Beginning March 1, vehicles accessing St. Johns County driving beaches will be required to have a beach driving pass from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Vehicles can access the beach at the following locations: A Street, Ocean Trace, Dondanville, Matanzas Avenue, Mary Street, Crescent Beach, and Porpoise Point. The Vilano and Fort Matanzas access ramps are temporarily closed at this time. For more information, visit the Beach Driving Passes page.
St. Johns County Offering Assistance with Past Due Energy Bills for Low-Income Seniors – The Emergency Home Energy Assistance for the Elderly Program (EHEAP) provides heating/cooling (Electric) bill assistance to an elder who is in immediate danger of losing home energy. For eligibility guidelines and application, visit the Social Services page or call 904-209-6140.
Projects & Closures
Palm Valley West Boat Ramp Improvements Temporary Closure – St. Johns County will temporarily close the Palm Valley West Boat Ramp for improvements from Jan. 9 until Summer 2023. The Palm Valley West Boat Ramp is located on the west side of the Intracoastal Waterway underneath the Palm Valley Bridge. Palm Valley West Boat Ramp Closure
Douglas C. Crane Boat Ramp Closes Temporarily – St. Johns County Public Works will temporarily close the Douglas C. Crane Boat Ramp for improvements beginning Oct. 3, 2022. The boat ramp will reopen in Spring 2023, weather permitting. Douglas C. Crane Boat Ramp Closure
Current FEMA Flood Insurance Rate Maps & Information – Flood Zone Viewer | NFIP Rating Insurance Discounts for Some SJC Property Owners
Projects, Advisories, Status Updates – For right of way projects, advisories, and status updates as well as permitting activity, please visit the St. Johns County Neighborhood Bill of Rights Application
Public Records Requests
Government records may be seen and copied from a records custodian at the County Administration building, via specific County Departments responsible for their own records, from records custodians at Elected Officials Offices and at other levels of government such as state agencies, local, county and state authorities. Public records requests to the County may be made by completing the Public Records Request Form or by contacting the County’s Public Records Custodian at:
Office of the County Attorney, Attn: Public Records Custodian
500 San Sebastian View, St. Augustine, Florida 32084-8686
E: email@example.com | P: (904) 209-0805 | F: (904) 209-0806
For more information, please view the Public Records Request Brochure or visit the Public Records / Open Government page.
Special Districts Information can be found at www.sjcfl.us/SpecialDistricts