- St. Johns County FY 2016 Budget Hearings – In conjunction with the annual budget process, members of the public are invited to attend the St. Johns County Fiscal Year 2016 Budget Hearings scheduled for 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. May 12 – 14 in the St. Johns County Permit Center Conference room, 4040 Lewis Speedway. Hosted by St. Johns County Administration and the Office of Budget and Management, the hearings will provide a departmental line item review of the proposed Fiscal Year 2016 St. Johns County budget in its formative stage prior to it being presented to the Board of County Commissioners. If the hearings should flow faster than anticipated, the scheduled times may be adjusted accordingly. It is anticipated that one or more St. Johns County Commissioners may attend and participate in the budget hearings. For additional information about the hearings, please view the Administrator Hearings Schedule, review the Administrator Hearings Workbook, or call the Office of Budget and Management at 904.209.0572
- FY2016 and Beyond: Balancing Revenue with Community Needs – The St. Johns Board of County Commissioners held a special meeting on February 12, 2015 to solicit public input regarding the challenge of balancing available revenues with community expectations. After a brief presentation outlining the County's current and projected financial environment, the Board received public feedback pertaining to the issues related to the funding of future services including transportation projects, the Fire Rescue Department, the Sheriff's Office, parks, recreational programming, social services, library facilities and programming, beach management, and other important community services. At the February 17, 2015 regular meeting, the Board of County Commissioners approved a motion directing staff to explore the feasibility of a new revenue source, and that process is currently underway. For additional information, please review the FY2016 and Beyond Presentation presented to the Board of County Commissioners by County Administrator Michael D. Wanchick during the meeting. If you would like to submit feedback regarding this important topic, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 904.209.1202.
- Free Beach Shuttle Service Memorial Day Weekend – St. Johns County is offering free shuttle service every 20 minutes from 10am–4pm, May 23–25. The Mickler’s shuttle runs between Cornerstone Park and Mickler’s Beachfront Park and the Pier shuttle between St. Augustine Beach City Hall and the Pier. Memorial Day Weekend Free Beach Shuttle.
- St. Johns County Public Library Launches New E-newsletter as a Resource for Residents – SIgn up to learn about the many services the libraries offer. To learn more and subscribe, visit www.sjcpls.org, or call (904) 827-6920.
- South Anastasia Design Review Board Meeting is scheduled for Thursday, May 28 at 3 p.m. in the Permit Center Conference Room 1. Meeting Details.
- Nature Detectives Workshop – Children ages 6 – 12 are invited to become Nature Detectives and learn about two pollinators, dragonflies and hummingbirds. Workshops are free and at local branches starting in July. Space is limited, so register early! Public Library Calendar.
- Kensington Subdivision Traffic Public Meeting – St. Johns County Traffic Operations is hosting a public meeting from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m. on May 26 in the Palencia Elementary cafeteria, 355 Palencia Village, St. Augustine, to address Kensington Subdivision traffic concerns. Kensington Subdivision Traffic Meeting.
- Ponte Vedra Beach Branch Library Summer 2015 Program Schedule – Children, teens, and adults can enjoy an exciting array of free programs and workshops from June through August. Ponte Vedra Beach Branch Library Summer Program Schedule
- Summer Tennis Clinic – Parks and Recreation is hosting a summer tennis clinic from June 15 - July 30 at the St. Augustine Lighthouse Courts. Summer Tennis Clinic
- Ani DiFranco at The Ponte Vedra Concert Hall Friday, October 9. Tickets will go on sale Friday, May 22 at 10 a.m. Ponte Vedra Concert Hall
- Marcia Ball at The Ponte Vedra Concert Hall Friday, October 23. Tickets will go on sale Friday, May 22 at 10 a.m. Ponte Vedra Concert Hall
- Celebrate 450! Street and Music Festival Headliners Named – Friday and Saturday's main stage will feature Emmylou Harris and Rodney Crowell, Aaron Neville, Mavis Staples, JJ Grey & Mofro, and Justin Townes Earle. www.staugustine-450.com
- Robert Earl Keen and His Band at The Ponte Vedra Concert Hall Sunday, July 19. Tickets will go on sale Friday, May 22 at 10 a.m. Ponte Vedra Concert Hall
- Noah Gundersen at the Colonial Quarter in downtown St. Augustine on Wednesday, October 14. Tickets on sale now. St. Augustine Amphitheatre
- Board of County Commissioners and St. Augustine City Commission Joint Meeting is scheduled for Tuesday, May 26, 2015, at 9:00 a.m. in the Airport Conference Center. Meeting Details.
- Public Meetings Land Development Code Changes – St. Johns County will hold public meetings on amendments to Article III, Special Districts of the Land Development Code on May 19, 2015 at 5:01 p.m. and June 16, 2015 at 9:00 a.m. in front of the Board of County Commissioners and May 21, 2015 at 1:30 p.m. in front of the Planning and Zoning Agency. The changes would be to create the proposed West Augustine Overlay District. Meeting Details, Staff Report, Ordinance.
- Sea Turtle Nesting Season – Sea turtle nesting season is from May 1 to October 31. Vehicular traffic on the beach is allowed between 8 a.m. and 7:30 p.m. and beachfront properties are required to eliminate lighting which may disrupt nesting sea turtles. Help Protect Sea Turtle Habitat During Nesting Season
- Sea Turtle Nests – Get the latest sea turtle nesting & hatching info! Turtle Tracks.
- Stay Informed During Severe Weather Using 511 Traveler Information System – Florida Department of Transportation's (FDOT) 511 Traveler Information System is a great way for both residents and visitors to stay informed on traffic conditions during severe weather events. 511 Traveler Information System
- May Events at Your Public Library – Listings by branch.
- St. Johns County Board of County Commission regular meetings are held each month on the first and third Tuesdays at 9:00 am in the St. Johns County Auditorium. Agendas | Minutes | Calendar
- Negotiation Meetings – Representatives of the Collective Bargaining Team of St. Johns County and of the International Association of Firefighters Local #3865 will meet in public session for the purpose of collective bargaining contract negotiations. Meeting Notice.
- Meet the Featured Adoptable Pets of the Week!
- Road Construction Advisories – www.sjcfl.us/Traffic.
- Board of County Commission Meeting Agendas may be viewed on the Clerk of Courts website.
- MySJCFL – Find out who your Commissioner is, what library branch is closest, school zones, House and Senate Districts, and more @ MySJCFL.
- Interested in proposed development projects? See the Development Permit Database.
Public Records Requests
Government records may be seen and copied from a records custodian at the County Administration building, via specific County Departments responsible for their own records, from records custodians at Elected Officials Offices and at other levels of government such as state agencies, local, county and state authorities.
Public records requests may be made by completing the Public Records Request Form or contacting us directly. For more information, please contact Board of County Commissioners Records Management @ email@example.com, or (904) 209-0805.
Fair Housing – For questions about the Fair Housing Act compliance, please contact: Homeownership Programs Administrator, Dana Froberg at (904) 827-6895.
Americans with Disabilities Act – For questions about Americans with Disabilities Act Procedures, please contact the Compliance Officer, Katie Diaz at (904) 209-0650.
Equal Opportunity Employment – For questions about Equal Opportunity Employment compliance, please contact Director of Personnel, Stacey Stanish at (904) 209-0545.