Recreation & Parks
- Safety Improvements for Nocatee Trails and Tails Dog Park – St. Johns County will begin safety improvements October 31 that will include rebuilding the banks and replacing sod around the lake where heavy rainfall has caused erosion. The park will be closed until further notice. Visitors may use Paws Park located within Davis Park. For more information, please contact Diane Gorski at 904.209.0346 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Youth Basketball League – Do you have a son or daughter between the ages of 7 and 14 who just can't stop bouncing that basketball? Would you like a way for them to develop their basketball skills? Then join the SJC Recreation and Parks Department Youth Basketball League. We run co-ed developmental leagues for children ages 7 & 8, and competitive leagues for boys and girls ages 9-14. Registration opens October 1 and ends November 1, team tryouts will be held November 1. Registration fee is $30 visit sjcfl.us/youth for details or contact Brian James at (904) 209-0365 or email@example.com
- Youth Basketball League Parent Volunteers Welcome! We are in need of Youth Basketball coaches for the 2014-2015 Season. All volunteers will be background screened to volunteer with the Recreation & Parks Department. If you are interested in volunteering, please contact Brian James, Recreation Supervisor, at (904) 209-0365 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Butler Park West and Butler Park Boat Ramp Closed through November 30, 2014 for the Treasure Beach Canals Dredging Project and structural improvements that will improve use and access during lower tides. Nearby locations that provide public access for both non- and motorized boats to the Intracoastal and Atlantic include: Green Road, Palmetto Road, Lighthouse Boat Ramp and Devil's Elbow (Fee-based, 7507 A1A S). St. Johns County thanks the community for their patience and understanding during this time of progress. For additional information, please call (904) 209-0333 or view a complete listing of St. Johns County boat ramps, parks, and recreational facilities.
- Beach Access Updates – Get access updates with our automated information line (904) 209-0331, Reach the Beach Mobile Website or on Twitter & Facebook
- Need a venue for your special event? St. Johns County has beachfront and park pavilions suitable for everything from weddings to family reunions. Make your reservation today!
- Been to a Park Lately? St. Johns County residents and visitors are fortunate to have a number of beautiful parks available for a wide variety of uses. Explore nature and history, relax, surf, and swim, play sports, fish, bring the children to a playscape, skateboard... even the dogs have their own parks! Find out more about all you can do at St. Johns County Parks.
The St. Johns County Recreation and Parks Department is committed to a thriving local park system, the opportunity for our residents and visitors to enjoy healthy, active lifestyles, and the preservation of the natural beauty of our environment. Explore the many ways Recreation and Parks is making our communities happier and healthier by providing a place where it all comes together – a sense of community, an appreciation of history, and a respect for nature.
For more information about the St. Johns County Recreation & Parks Department, please contact our main office, 2175 Mizell Road, St. Augustine, FL 32080, (904) 209-0333.
SJC Recreation and Parks – Where everybody plays