Recreation & Parks
- "Reach the Beach" Program to Help St. Johns County Residents and Visitors Enjoy the Sand, Sun, and Surf During Labor Day Weekend – Reach the Beach
- Durbin Creek Exploration Kayak Trips – The St. Johns County Recreation and Parks Department is hosting a guided kayak tour of Durbin Creek from 9 to 11:30 a.m. on Thursday, September 11 and Saturday, September 13. Durbin Creek Kayak Trip
- Support St. Johns County Summer Camp Program – St. Johns County Communications and the Parks and Recreation Department have produced a video featuring the SJC Summer Camp program for a contest with other parks departments. Now we need your help by voting for their entry on Facebook. Support SJC Recreation on Facebook.
- Butler Park West and Butler Park Boat Ramp Closed through November 30, 2014 for the Treasure Beach Canals Dredging Project and structural improvements that will improve use and access during lower tides. Nearby locations that provide public access for both non- and motorized boats to the Intracoastal and Atlantic include: Green Road, Palmetto Road, Lighthouse Boat Ramp and Devil's Elbow (Fee-based, 7507 A1A S). St. Johns County thanks the community for their patience and understanding during this time of progress. For additional information, please call (904) 209-0333 or view a complete listing of St. Johns County boat ramps, parks, and recreational facilities.
- Beach Access Updates – Get access updates with our automated information line (904) 209-0331, Reach the Beach Mobile Website or on Twitter & Facebook
- Need a venue for your special event? St. Johns County has beachfront and park pavilions suitable for everything from weddings to family reunions. Make your reservation today!
- Been to a Park Lately? St. Johns County residents and visitors are fortunate to have a number of beautiful parks available for a wide variety of uses. Explore nature and history, relax, surf, and swim, play sports, fish, bring the children to a playscape, skateboard... even the dogs have their own parks! Find out more about all you can do at St. Johns County Parks.
The St. Johns County Recreation and Parks Department is committed to a thriving local park system, the opportunity for our residents and visitors to enjoy healthy, active lifestyles, and the preservation of the natural beauty of our environment. Explore the many ways Recreation and Parks is making our communities happier and healthier by providing a place where it all comes together – a sense of community, an appreciation of history, and a respect for nature.
For more information about the St. Johns County Recreation & Parks Department, please contact our main office, 2175 Mizell Road, St. Augustine, FL 32080, (904) 209-0333.
SJC Recreation and Parks – Where everybody plays