Recreation & Parks
- St. Johns County 2014 Super Summer Spectacular Camp Lottery Registration Open March 3-14 – Lottery registration for the 2014 Super Summer Spectacular Camp will be available online, in person at the Ketterlinus Gymnasium, 60 Orange St, St. Augustine, Solomon Calhoun Center, 1300 Duval St, St. Augustine, or by calling (904) 209-0377, during business hours. Super Summer Spectacular Registration.
- Free Kids Fishing Clinic – Join the Recreation & Parks Department and Ancient City Game Fish Association on Saturday, March 15th for a free fishing clinic at the Vilano Beach Pier. Open to children 12 and under, registration begins at 8 a.m. and the clinic starts at 9 a.m. There will be a fishing tournament at 10 a.m. Awards and a free lunch for the kids will follow the tournament at 12 p.m. The first 100 kids that register will receive a free fishing pole and a goodie bag. Registration is first come first serve. Please contact Donna Frantz at (904) 209-0644, or Jamie Baccari at (904) 209-0377 for more information. Event flyer.
- River Celebration and Clean-up – The Solid Waste and Recreation and Parks Departments invite you to join us at Trout Creek Park, March 22 from 8am to 12pm. Paddle the river and help keep the Blue Way Trails clean with AyoLane Halusky, our County Naturalist. All boats are welcome—kayaks, canoes, and motor. If you have a boat, paddle and PFD, please bring it. There will be 2 tandems and 2 single kayaks available for folks who don't have one. Meet at the Trout Creek Community Center and boat ramp, 6795 Collier Road, St. Augustine. There will be beginner kayak paddle instruction before we start. We are looking for experienced paddlers to help with safety on the water. For more information, please call AyoLane Halusky at (904) 209-0348.
- Just Tri It! Join us for the 2014 Kids Triathlon on May 4, at 8 a.m. at the Solomon Calhoun Center! Children ages 5-14 can join in the fun and JUST TRI IT! This is a non-competitive event giving everyone the chance to participate in a Triathlon. The first 250 children to pick up their race packets will get a Just Tri It! tee shirt and every child that completes the race will get a medal for their accomplishment! Just Tri It!
- Robert Laryn Skate Park at Treaty Park – Robert Laryn Skate Park at Treaty Park re-opened Saturday, February 8th. Give them a like over on their facebook page and keep up to date with news and events.
- Pickleball – The St. Johns County Recreation & Parks Dept. is proud to announce open courts for Pickleball. Our plan is to develop and promote this great sport at Treaty Park. Open play will be Monday and Saturday mornings from 9am to 11am, and Wednesday evenings from 6pm to 9pm at Treaty Park, and Thursday evenings from 6:00pm to 9:00pm at Ron Parker Park. If you are interested in playing or want to learn a new game just show up. If you do not have your own equipment, some will be provided. Make sure you wear proper attire and bring your own refreshments. For more information, contact Joe Shakar at (904) 209-0385 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Coed and Men's Softball Season Begins the week of March 17, 2014. For more information, contact Joe Shakar at (904) 209-0385 or email@example.com
- Church League Softball Season Begins Friday, March 21, 2014. For more information, contact Joe Shakar at (904) 209-0385 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Coed Volleyball Open Courts – The St. Johns County Recreation and Parks department will hold Coed Volleyball open courts at Ketterlinus Gym on Tuesdays and Thursdays for 10 weeks. Entry fee for the full 10 weeks is $10.00 per player. The gym will be open from 6:30pm-8:30pm. If you are interested in playing, just show up and fill in. For more information, contact Joe Shakar at (904) 209-0385 or email@example.com or Greg Mills at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Basketball Sport Shorts Camp for 3-5 Year Olds – The St. Johns County Recreation and Parks department will hold its annual Basketball Sport Shorts Camp for 3-5 year olds at the Solomon Calhoun Center Gym on Tuesdays and Thursdays from Tuesday February 4 to March 13, 2014. The camp will be held for 6 weeks from 9am to 10am. Registration fee is $10 per child. You may register at the gym when you show up or get the sign up form for early registration. For more information, contact Joe Shakar at (904) 209-0385 or email@example.com. Sport Shorts Flyer.
- Beach Improvements & Special Thanks to Pedro Menendez Students –The new walkover crossing A1A south of 23rd St is now open to provide safer beach access, as is the Solana access ramp. These improvements are part of a long list of facility and access enhancements made by St. Johns County within the past year to meet beachgoer needs, and parking lot expansion for North Beach Park is scheduled for this summer. Special recognition goes out to Pedro Menendez High School and Mike Rosenberg's ABS Academy/Carpentry students who built five benches for St. Johns County beachfront parks out of "rescue wood." Beach improvements press release.
- Current Beach Conditions – Automated information line, updated as conditions change (904) 209-0331.
- Need a venue for your special event? St. Johns County has beachfront and park pavilions suitable for everything from weddings to family reunions. Make your reservation today!
- Been to a Park Lately? St. Johns County residents and visitors are fortunate to have a number of beautiful parks available for a wide variety of uses. Explore nature and history, relax, surf, and swim, play sports, fish, bring the children to a playscape, skateboard... even the dogs have their own parks! Find out more about all you can do at St. Johns County Parks.
The St. Johns County Recreation and Parks Department is committed to a thriving local park system, the opportunity for our residents and visitors to enjoy healthy, active lifestyles, and the preservation of the natural beauty of our environment. Explore the many ways Recreation and Parks is making our communities happier and healthier by providing a place where it all comes together – a sense of community, an appreciation of history, and a respect for nature.
SJC Recreation and Parks – Where everybody plays