- New Emergency Notification System for St. Johns County Residents St. Johns County is launching a new emergency notification system to provide residents with critical information during emergency situations. Beginning February 1, the new Alert St. Johns system will enable St. Johns County, the St. Johns County Sheriff's Office, the City of St. Augustine, and the City of St. Augustine Beach to quickly provide residents with critical information in a variety of situations including severe weather, unexpected road closures, water advisories, missing persons, evacuations of buildings or neighborhoods, and incidents that may threaten public safety. To receive these time sensitive alerts, residents can sign up at https://member.everbridge.net/index/892807736725582#/login. Those who sign up can choose to receive notifications via a phone call to their home, business, or mobile phone, by email, or text message. The Alert St. Johns system will replace the Code Red notification system, so it is imperative that residents sign up for these critical notifications. For more information regarding Alert St. Johns, please call 904.824.5550.
- St. Johns County Beach Driving Passes go on sale Monday, December 9th and make great stocking stuffers for the holiday season. St. Johns County resident passes are $50, non-resident passes are $100, and handicap passes are $40. Passes will be available during normal business hours at various locations.
- Hastings Story Map - St. Johns County recognizes the Town of Hastings' rich history and tradition and continues to partner with the community to preserve that unique heritage and culture after the transition. As part of that process, County staff has created the Hastings Story Map. The story map exemplifies the history of the town and how St. Johns County is working to preserve and revitalize the area. View the Hastings Story Map.
- Home damaged by Hurricane Michael? Assistance is available through Restore St. Johns, St. Johns County Hurricane Housing Recovery Program. Register at www.sjcfl.us/restore. Official seal of St. Johns County, Florida, and an icon of a house.
- Reach the Beach Mobile App â€“ Spend more time on the beach with quick access to beach driving conditions, access and facility locations, and lifeguard information. Download the free app in the App Store or Google Play. For more information, call 904.209.0331
- Come meet the Pets of the Week at the SJC Pet Center!
- Learn more about what's happening in St. Johns County neighborhoods including rezoning applications and special use permits with the Development Tracker Map
New Emergency Notification System
for St. Johns County Residents
St. Johns County is launching a new emergency notification system to provide residents with critical information during emergency situations. Beginning February 1, the new Alert St. Johns system will enable St. Johns County, the St. Johns County Sheriff's Office, the City of St. Augustine, and the City of St. Augustine Beach to quickly provide residents with critical information in a variety of situations including severe weather, unexpected road closures, water advisories, missing persons, evacuations of buildings or neighborhoods, and incidents that may threaten public safety. To receive these time sensitive alerts, residents can sign up at https://member.everbridge.net/index/892807736725582#/login. Those who sign up can choose to receive notifications via a phone call to their home, business, or mobile phone, by email, or text message. The Alert St. Johns system will replace the Code Red notification system, so it is imperative that residents sign up for these critical notifications. For more information regarding Alert St. Johns, please call 904.824.5550.
Meetings & Workshops
Short Term Vacation Rental Workshop – St. Johns County is hosting a public workshop regarding the regulation of short-term vacation rentals at 3:30 p.m. on January 29 at the County Administration Building. Participants will have an opportunity to provide feedback on two draft ordinances that will be presented to the Board of County Commissioners for consideration. The ordinances would govern vacation rental registration, occupancy, parking, trash pickup, inspections, and violations and penalties for noncompliance. Visit Short Term Vacation Rental Community Workshop for more information.
Special Meeting Regarding County Administrator Contract Negotiations – Scheduled for January 30 at 11:00 a.m. in the San Sebastian Conference Room. Special Meeting, County Administrator Contract Negotiations
Ponte Vedra Zoning and Adjustment Board – Scheduled for February 3 at 3:00 p.m. in the County Auditorium. PVZAB Meeting. The March 2 meeting has been cancelled.
North Coastal Design Review Board Meeting – Scheduled for February 12 has been cancelled. Next meeting March 11.
Cultural Resources Review Board Meeting – Scheduled for February 3 at 3:30 p.m. in the Executive Board Room at the St. Johns County Administrative Complex. CRRB Meeting
IAFF Negotiation Meetings – Public sessions for collective bargaining contract negotiations. IAFF Meeting Schedule on BCC Calendar.
Events & Activities
Check out the Latest Youth Activities! We're featuring Open Gym at the Solomon Calhoun Center, Family Fitness Classes, a Kid’s Art Program, and Save the Date – Summer Camp Registration starts on March 2! SJCP&R Youth Activities
Nature Programs – Join us for a variety of outings and topics including fishing, kayak trips, sustainable living, and exploring our envitonment. County Naturalist Programs
St. Johns Reads & Library 5K – The Library System has announced Delia Owens’ novel Where the Crawdads Sing as the featured book for the "St. Johns Reads" community-wide reading project.
Programs focusing on the book will be held throughout February. This year will feature the first-ever “Lace Up for Libraries” 5k, on February 29 to help raise funds for future St. Johns Reads events. Register for the 5K | St. Johns Reads 2020
County Commissioner Invitations – From time to time the County Commissioners receive invitations to attend various events. On occasion, more than one County Commissioner may attend and participate at the event. For more information regarding the Notices for the events, visit the Board of County Commissioner’s Invitations webpage
Butler Boat Ramp Opened – Butler Boat Ramp is now opened to the public after being closed for a canal dredging project. A maintenance dredge of the Butler Boat basin was also completed, the parking surface was graded, and maintenance service of the park was conducted to improve the facility and prepare for public use. For more information, please call at 904.209.0333.
The Fire Watch Program and App – According to the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs, approximately twenty veterans commit suicide each day in the United States. In an effort to respond to this national epidemic, St. Johns County has joined surrounding communities and local organizations in Fire Watch, a program that provides a support system for veterans in crisis. The Fire Watch launched a mobile app that enables veterans and volunteers to foster positive relationships and ensure veterans get the help they need. Available on both the Apple App Store and Android Google Play, the app will allow veterans in crisis to quickly receive emergency assistance and connect them with a variety of local resources and allies that will help them build relations and provide one-on-one counseling and support. For more information, please visit www.thefirewatch.org.
2020 Beach Driving Passes On Sale Now – St. Johns County Beach Driving Passes make great gifts for the holidays! County resident passes are $50, non-resident passes are $100, and handicap passes are $40. Beach Driving Passes
South Ponte Vedra Beach and Vilano Beach Renourishment Easements Needed – Ninety percent of the easements have already been obtained, but the remaining easements must be secured by March 31, 2020 for the project to proceed on the updated Army Corps project schedule and for the beaches to be renourished in 2020. If you are an oceanfront property owner south of Serenata to the St. Augustine Inlet and have questions, did not receive your packet, or need assistance completing your documents, please contact us at 904.209.0760 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Beach Easements Information | Beach Renourishment Video
Current FEMA Flood Insurance Rate Maps – Flood Zone Viewer
Meet the Featured Adoptable & Cats & Dogs – Pets of the Week!
Boards and Committees Volunteer Opportunities – Volunteers consider and make recommendations on a variety of topics including planning and zoning, development, libraries, parks and recreation, arts, culture, and tourism. Boards and Committees
Projects, Advisories, Status Updates
Ocean and Fishing Pier Closure – The Pier will be closed through May for repairs and rehabilitation. The north beach access point adjacent to the pier will also be closed and access to the beach near the pier will intermittently be restricted. The access point south of the pier, gift shop, visitor information center, splash park, parking lot, and other park facilities will remainaccessible to the public. SJC Ocean and Fishing Pier.
South Ponte Vedra Boulevard Dune Restoration Project & Coastal Highway Beach Restoration Project – Beach Restoration Projects Updates and Current Status
FDOT State Road 16 Lighting Project from CR 16A to San Marco Avenue. The project will cause intermittent overnight lane closures and is scheduled to be completed in spring 2021. For more information, please contact FDOT at 904.831.3368.
St. Johns County Golf Course Master Plan Update – The St. Johns Golf Club, is in the process of a potential Master Plan update that would include repairing, replacing, and updating various aspects of the golf course. Golf Course Master Plan Update
Public Records Requests
Government records may be seen and copied from a records custodian at the County Administration building, via specific County Departments responsible for their own records, from records custodians at Elected Officials Offices and at other levels of government such as state agencies, local, county and state authorities. Public records requests to the County may be made by completing the Public Records Request Form or by contacting the County’s Public Records Custodian at:
Office of the County Attorney, Attn: Public Records Custodian
500 San Sebastian View, St. Augustine, Florida 32084-8686
E: email@example.com | P: (904) 209-0805 | F: (904) 209-0806
Special Districts Information can be found at www.sjcfl.us/SpecialDistricts