Beach Driving Passes
Pre-Season Annual Beach Driving Passes on Sale Now – St. Johns County resident passes are $50, non-resident passes are $100 and ADA-accessible passes are $40. Passes are available during normal business hours at the following locations through March 1, 2024:
- Tax Collector’s Main Office – 4030 Lewis Speedway, St. Augustine
- Tax Collector’s DuPont Center Office – 6658 US 1 South, St. Augustine
- Tax Collector’s Office Julington Creek Office – 725 Flora Branch Blvd., St. Johns
- Tax Collector’s Ponte Vedra Office – 151 Sawgrass Corners Drive, Ponte Vedra Beach
- St. Johns County Beach Services Office – 901 Pope Road, St. Augustine
- St. Johns County Ocean and Fishing Pier Gift Shop – 350 A1A Blvd., St. Augustine
Residents must present a valid I.D. with a St. Johns County address or present proof of property tax payments in St. Johns County to purchase a resident pass. A disabled person parking permit or proof of qualification must be presented when requesting an ADA-accessible pass. Disabled military veterans are eligible for a free annual pass by showing their military I.D. or a letter from Veterans Affairs verifying their disabled status.
Vehicles accessing the beach do not need a beach pass until March 1, 2024. After March 1, 2024, annual and daily beach passes will be available for purchase at toll booth locations. Purchases made at toll booths are cash only. If passes are lost or misplaced, a new pass must be purchased. Vehicular access is dependent on beach conditions and all sales are final. Call Beach Services at (904) 209-0331 for more information.
Motor Vehicles are permitted to access several stretches of St. Johns County Beaches. From March 1 through September 30, vehicles are required to pay a vehicle access toll and obtain a beach pass. Daily and annual beach passes may be purchased at access ramps.
- Traffic is regulated and the ten-mile per hour speed limit is strictly enforced.
- Pedestrians are urged to stay alert and use caution.
- Soft sand and high tides may prevent beach driving, or limit it to 4-wheel drive vehicles.
- Rules & Safe Driving Tips