Surveying and Mapping


The Surveying and Mapping Division provides project and geodetic surveying services to various County programs and departments.

The Surveying and Mapping Division responds to questions from other professionals and the general public on a wide range of GIS and surveying topics. They review subdivision plats prepared by consultants and private surveyors to ensure compliance with applicable laws and standards. They develop and maintain the local repository of land survey information.

In addition, Surveying and Mapping is responsible for establishing and maintaining the St. Johns County repository for survey archives. Requests are made each day for information such as; benchmarks, right-of-way plans and deeds, plats, and section, township, and range information.

Survey Records of County roads and County owned property are open to the public. To review this information please call: (904) 209-0760.

Please note: St. Johns County Surveying and Mapping only surveys County owned property. We do not survey or have copies of surveys of privately owned land. For a copy of your survey, contact the surveyor, title company, or attorney that handled your closing. For more information, view our FAQs below.

Featured Services


St. Johns County maintains Benchmarks throughout the County. These Benchmarks are based on closed level runs between published Benchmarks.  It is suggested you search for a published Benchmark at prior to contacting St. Johns County. Many times, there are more Benchmarks available on the Labins website than there are in the County’s database.

If there is not a published Benchmark on the Labins website near your project, then please visit our County Benchmark Database.

Included on this site are published NGS Benchmarks with links to the NGS Database. If you need further assistance with Benchmarks please email

St. Johns County Continuously Operating Reference Stations (CORS)

St. Johns County has three CORS stations covering the County offering single baselines solutions. CORS Maps

We also stream raw data to FDOT for the Florida Permanent Reference Network (FPRN).

For more information, call (904) 209-0760 or email


Donald Bradshaw, P.S.M. County Surveyor
Scott Lane Survey Manager
Jim Manning Sr. CAD Technician
Surveying & Mapping

Field Crew

St. Johns County has two, 3-person field crews who handle all in-house survey projects. They also periodically run bench loops to densify the vertical control in the County. The crews provide support for all GPS survey activities.


How do I obtain a copy of the survey of my property?

The St. Johns County Surveying and Mapping Division only surveys County owned properties. We do not have copies of surveys of privately owned land. To obtain a copy of your survey you would need to contact the title company or attorney that handled your closing or if you know the name of the surveyor you can contact them directly. In many states surveys are recorded, Florida is not one of those states. The legal description for the property may be recorded, but not the actual survey.

Does St. Johns County Survey Division survey residential property?

No, the St. Johns County Survey and Mapping Division only surveys County owned properties. To obtain a survey of privately owned land, you will need to hire a licensed land surveyor. Searching online for property surveyors is one of the best ways to find companies in your area. You can also find a surveyor by going to Professional Surveyors and Mappers and searching under your county.

Are surveyors allowed on private property?

Yes, according to Florida Statute 472.029 which states "Surveyors and mappers or their subordinates may go on, over, and upon the lands of others when necessary to make surveys and maps or locate or set monuments, and, in so doing, may carry with them their agents and employees necessary for that purpose. Entry under the right granted by this subsection does not constitute trespass, and surveyors and mappers and their duly authorized agents or employees so entering are not liable to arrest or to a civil action by reason of such entry; however, this subsection does not give authority to registrants, subordinates, agents, or employees to destroy, injure, damage, or move any physical improvements on lands of another without the written permission of the landowner."

What are the survey crews doing on my road?

If the crew is identified as a St. Johns County Survey Crew, you can contact our survey department at, or (904) 209-0766 to find out what type of survey they are doing in that area.