Public Education Events
The Public Education Office offers a life-long educational process regarding fire-related injury prevention issues. Our Community-based educational program provides residents with valuable information that could save their lives during a fire incident.
The Public Education Team also provides fire & life safety educational programs for groups that request information relating to our services. Events are scheduled 2 weeks in advance, so be sure to contact us in advance to ensure availability.
The Public Education Office is responsible for scheduling fire equipment at educational events that occur in our jurisdiction.
- Educational Services – Invite Firefighters / Paramedics to your school for a fire safety presentation that includes Fire Prevention, What to Do in Case of Fire, Firefighters Are Your Friends, and Equipment and Gear.
- Extinguisher Training – This training includes an educational presentation, and hands-on experience using a fire extinguisher simulator. This training gives our community members the knowledge and confidence it takes to successfully use a fire extinguisher.
- Station Tours – Firefighters/Paramedics will guide groups around the station highlighting the fire engines and other apparatus. Groups will have an opportunity to ask questions, and hear about a day in the life of a firefighter. Station Tours are recommended for ages 4 and up.
- Fire Truck Display – Fire and/or Rescue trucks can be scheduled to visit any public setting, for educational purposes (1 hour). Firefighters display their equipment and will answer fire-related questions. Supervised children are able to climb aboard to get a first-hand look at the fire truck.
- Career Day Booth Opportunities
- Fire Department Career Board
- Learn what a Firefighter does at work.
- See what a firefighter wears at work.
- View a Fire Truck and Rescue Unit.
- Fire Education Programs for Children, Adults, and Seniors
Please Note: Birthday celebrations & other parties are considered entertainment and do not qualify for educational programming.