Drop Off Locations & Hours
All household garbage, hazardous waste, and white goods may be brought to either of the St. Johns County Transfer Stations for disposal during operating hours.
- Tillman Ridge Transfer Station (Map)
3005 Allen Nease Rd
Elkton, Florida 32033
- Stratton Rd Transfer Station (Map)
250 North Stratton Rd
St. Augustine, Florida 32095
- Monday - Friday, 7am - 6pm
Saturday, 7am - 1pm
- Closed Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years Day.
- Cardboard boxes can be flattened and taken to the Cardboard Recycling Drop-Off Center at either the Tillman Ridge or Stratton Road Transfer Station, free of charge. No other recyclables will be accepted at the Drop-Off Center at this time.
- Household Hazardous Waste can be dropped off free of charge at Tillman Ridge or Stratton Rd Transfer Stations. Items include: motor oil, oil filters, gasoline, wax, cleaners, soap, pool chemicals, pesticides, insecticides, grout, aerosol cans, antifreeze, adhesives, flea dip, car & appliance batteries, polishes, lubricants, muriatic acid, propane gas cylinders, solvents, thinner, transmission fluid, brake fluid, lighter fluid, fire extinguishers, linseed oil, naval jelly, photo chemicals, etc. Oil-based paint, latex paint and fluorescent light bulbs are also accepted and a disposal fee is charged. Fuel must be transported in an approved container, and the container may need to be left at the drop-off center.
- Obsolete Electronics include monitors, televisions, CPUs, laptops, printers, scanners, copiers, fax machines, keyboards, mice, cables, game hardware, UPS units, external drives, modems, phones, pagers, radios, stereos, VCR's, tape players, speakers, small kitchen appliances, power tools, health and beauty appliances.
- Waste Tires – Automobile and light truck tires only. Limit 10 per household and a disposal fee is charged.
- Pressure treated wood is accepted at a per ton rate across the scale of $61.65. (Cash or Check only)
Construction & Demolition Debris
- Residents in St. Johns County can bring construction & demolition debris to Tillman Ridge or Stratton Rd Transfer Station for a prorated fee of $61.65 per ton across the scale. (cash or check only)
- Commercial businesses must take construction & demolition debris to St. Marks C&D Disposal Facility off of International Golf Pkwy, (904) 825-2105 or Waste Pro Transfer Station off SR 207, (904) 819-1738.