Drop Off Locations, Hours, and Fees
All household garbage, hazardous waste, and white goods may be brought to either of the St. Johns County Transfer Stations for disposal during operating hours.
- Tillman Ridge Transfer Station (Map)
3005 Allen Nease Rd
Elkton, Florida 32033
- Stratton Rd Transfer Station (Map)
250 North Stratton Rd
St. Augustine, Florida 32095
- Monday - Friday, 7am - 6pm
Saturday, 7am - 1pm
- Closed Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years Day.
Fees and Accepted Items
- FREE OF CHARGE
- Cardboard boxes can be flattened and taken to the Cardboard Recycling Drop-Off Center at either the Tillman Ridge or Stratton Road Transfer Station, free of charge. No other recyclables will be accepted at the Drop-Off Center at this time.
- Household Hazardous Waste can be dropped off free of charge at either transfer station. Items include: motor oil, oil filters, gasoline, wax, cleaners, soap, pool chemicals, pesticides, insecticides, grout, aerosol cans, antifreeze, adhesives, flea dip, car & appliance batteries, polishes, lubricants, muriatic acid, propane gas cylinders, solvents, thinner, transmission fluid, brake fluid, lighter fluid, fire extinguishers, linseed oil, naval jelly, photo chemicals, etc. Fuel must be transported in an approved container, and the container may need to be left at the drop-off center.
- Obsolete Electronics include monitors, televisions, CPUs, laptops, printers, scanners, copiers, fax machines, keyboards, mice, cables, game hardware, UPS units, external drives, modems, phones, pagers, radios, stereos, VCR's, tape players, speakers, small kitchen appliances, power tools, health and beauty appliances.
- DISPOSAL FEE - $61.65 per ton (Cash or Check ONLY)
- Oil-based paint – $3.00 / fluid gallon
- Latex paint – $2.00 / fluid gallon
- Fluorescent light bulbs – 50 cents each / 2-4ft bulbs | $1.00 each / 6-8ft bulbs
- Waste Tires – $2.50 per tire up to 10 tires, after 10 is $200.00 / ton
- Pressure treated wood – $61.65 / ton
- Residential construction & demolition debris – $61.65 / ton
- Yard Waste – $61.65 / ton
Construction & Demolition Debris
- Construction & Demolition Debris Disposal – Residential and Commercial Businesses