Vilano Beach Oceanfront Park Modified Access October 2023
St. Johns County to Temporarily Modify Public Access at Vilano Beach Oceanfront Park Starting Oct. 16
St. Johns County will temporarily modify public access at Vilano Beach Oceanfront Park, 2750 Anahma Drive, St. Augustine, starting Monday, Oct. 16, for a renovation project. The renovation project is anticipated to be completed in February 2024, weather permitting.
For the duration of the renovation project, the restrooms, showers, dune walkovers, pavilion, and easternmost parking lane at Vilano Beach Oceanfront Park will be inaccessible. However, the remaining public parking spaces will be open and available, and pedestrian access to the beach will remain open via the northern vehicular access ramp. Signage will be present to indicate these temporary changes.
The project will include:
- Improvements to the northern walkover to bring into ADA compliance.
- Renovation of existing restrooms.
- Construction of a covered performance stage with terraced seating.
- Construction of new outdoor showers.
- Construction of changing stations.
- Installation of a new climbing play structure and recreation features.
- Renovation of the existing south walkover.
- Addition of ADA parking in the existing parking lot.
The budget for the renovation project is $1,814,400, funded through Park Impact Fees and Tree Bank Fund.