St. Johns County is Business Ready!
Economic Development is the number one priority of our Board of County Commissioners.
As a result of this unified focus, the County hired their first-ever economic development director to implement a sustained effort to attract and retain businesses to reduce the tax burden on residential property owners and promote job creation for local residents. The County's Office of Economic Development coordinates overall economic development efforts in St. Johns County and serves as the designated primary partner with Enterprise Florida.
Coordinated efforts through the County, the St. Johns County Chamber of Commerce, Industrial Development Authority and other resource partners bring a team approach to positioning St. Johns County as a highly-desirable location of choice for business expansion and relocation within the Northeast Florida region through business development, marketing and other economic development activities.
Why St. Johns County
St. Johns County offers businesses and residents alike:
- Top-ranked Florida Public School System
- Lowest Overall Tax Structure in Northeast Florida
- Florida's Healthiest County
- Comprehensive Transportation Network
- Highly Educated Workforce
- Growing Population
- Expanding Regional Airport
- Beautiful Natural Amenities
- Partnership with the Business Community
- Progressive Government with a commitment to Economic Development
The hiring of a Director of Economic Development is the latest step taken by St. Johns County to increase economic development.
Some of the other business-friendly actions taken include:
- Reduction of non-residential impact fees
- Revised concurrency requirements, which improved the development review process
- Land Development Code revisions, leading to enhanced business-friendly zoning categories
- Improved expedited permitting process
- Approval of incentive packages for recent projects
Quality of Life
Bordered by the scenic Atlantic Ocean and St. Johns River, St. Johns County embraces its historic heritage and uniquely diverse communities such as the City of St. Augustine – the Nation's Oldest City; St. Augustine Beach, Ponte Vedra, and Hastings – the Potato Capital of Florida; which have attracted visitors for centuries. Capitalizing on its global appeal and amenity-rich environment, St. Johns County is poised for economic growth through its strategic location, favorable climate, local economic development incentives, and outstanding community services.